7 replies to this topic

#1 Helix262

Helix262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Pit bikes, Shooting my AR, and 4x4 Mudding

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

So I'm playing at the local CQB, a few hours ago when I noticed my nozzle on didn't retract with my BC, it seemed to only do about a quarter of it full stroke, while the rest of the bolt continued to function properly. Normally the nozzle tends to stick a little after I fully clean my gun and apply silicon oil. But it has always pulled back into the BC, when using the charging handle. I chalked it up to a lack of lube, and walked back to my cleaning supplies and was going to lube it. After fighting my LM4 for about 5 mins trying to get my receiver off my lower, I removed the Metal retainer in the side of the BCG that was an extreme pain in the a**, do to the inability to fully collapse my nozzle back to a seated position. I was able to get the nozzle out and and found it was missing the Piston Return Spring (Part 199-3001-76 or Part 76).
  I removed my C clip and found a mangled spring the had been trash because it looked like it had broken on the other end, inside the piston were it attaches inside Part 60 (just the Spring as far as I can tell). I know it wasn't due to a lack of lube, the BCG was oily but not excessive and I NEVER use Propane, only Green Gas. I have maybe fired 5000 rds since September when i bought it, and a vast majority (90%) of that is Semi Auto. So I really can't figure out why it broke, other just a weak spot in that part of the metal spring, or maybe its something else that may have caused it to bind up.  
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this other then me? If a KWA Rep is reading do you guys sell is part,(  199-3001-76 ) cause I kind of need one bad.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostHelix262, on 10 February 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

So I'm playing at the local CQB, a few hours ago when I noticed my nozzle on didn't retract with my BC, it seemed to only do about a quarter of it full stroke, while the rest of the bolt continued to function properly. Normally the nozzle tends to stick a little after I fully clean my gun and apply silicon oil. But it has always pulled back into the BC, when using the charging handle. I chalked it up to a lack of lube, and walked back to my cleaning supplies and was going to lube it. After fighting my LM4 for about 5 mins trying to get my receiver off my lower, I removed the Metal retainer in the side of the BCG that was an extreme pain in the a**, do to the inability to fully collapse my nozzle back to a seated position. I was able to get the nozzle out and and found it was missing the Piston Return Spring (Part 199-3001-76 or Part 76).
  I removed my C clip and found a mangled spring the had been trash because it looked like it had broken on the other end, inside the piston were it attaches inside Part 60 (just the Spring as far as I can tell). I know it wasn't due to a lack of lube, the BCG was oily but not excessive and I NEVER use Propane, only Green Gas. I have maybe fired 5000 rds since September when i bought it, and a vast majority (90%) of that is Semi Auto. So I really can't figure out why it broke, other just a weak spot in that part of the metal spring, or maybe its something else that may have caused it to bind up.  
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this other then me? If a KWA Rep is reading do you guys sell is part,(  199-3001-76 ) cause I kind of need one bad.
Hi Helix 262 - Give KWA a call at 626-581-1777 M-F 8:30-5:30 PST. Ask for someone in Customer Service. Explain what you are looking for.  Not all parts are listed in the Pro Shop but many are kept on hand for repairs.  If they have one to spare you will be able to purchase it from them.

Here's something you should note, Purchases of $30.00 or more qualify for free shipping with the "FREESHIP" code.  So, I would recommend upping the order to that level with other parts you might need.  Also, if you are paying for domestic shipping, KWA ships USPS Priority which is about $8.00 unless you specifically request 1st class which is approximately half that.

Good luck and hope this helps!

#3 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Its happened to two other people that I know of and yes they sell that part. That whole rear assembly is pretty cheap (plug, spring, etc.)  , give KWA a call on Monday. KWA sells nearly every part needed for our guns.

#4 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Funny you should mention this I bought a used lm4 from a teammate that had the same problem. And then a week later another teammate had the same problem. The first was maybe less than 3k BBS through, the latter over 7k.  The part is a full assembly. I believe it was $8.50. I got the part and replaced it. the roll pin holding in part 60 is a pain without a punch. Other than that easy swap. As others have said, order more with it because paying the same amount for shipping seems crazy. I also ordered a few springs, a new (pre-drilled) bolt paddle($9?) and some .3s for about $39 shipped.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Lube

( o Y o )

#6 Frogman1993

Frogman1993

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

could somebody pls tell me how too install the piston retun spring? i would really appreciate it!!

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostFrogman1993, on 21 July 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

could somebody pls tell me how too install the piston retun spring? i would really appreciate it!!
Ill make a vid tomorrow if you can wait

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

#8 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users