• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

ok so i ordered a kwa usp compact and will get it in a few days. My only problem is that im only going to be using propane in it and iv read that it breaks your gun pretty fast while others says it has done nothing? i was wondering since i dont have the choice to use green gas, how i should maintain my usp so it can last me a long time while using propane.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by Shoryuken, 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#2 pirate

pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Propane is green gas. Only real difference is that green gas has oil mixed in already, while you have to manually ad oil to the propane can when using propane.
Just ad 3-4 drops of silicone oil every 10 or so magazines and make sure you clean your gun regularly.

You should also be aware that using propane will void your warranty.

#3 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

wait it voids my warranty why? isint it the same a green gas like you said? also are you sure 3-4 drops is enough? i really wish i could use green gas but its so damn expensive.

#4 pirate

pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Shoryuken, on 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

wait it voids my warranty why? isint it the same a green gas like you said? also are you sure 3-4 drops is enough? i really wish i could use green gas but its so damn expensive.
You'll have to ask KWA why they don't like propane. There's a huge anti propane movement in the airsoft industry that has no basing on scientific fact.
And yes, 3-4 drops is enough for about 10 mags. Like I said, though, you'll still want to clean your pistol every now and then.

#5 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

pirate do you use propane on any of your guns? and if you do, have you run into any problems?

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Shoryuken, on 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

ok so i ordered a kwa usp compact and will get it in a few days. My only problem is that im only going to be using propane in it and iv read that it breaks your gun pretty fast while others says it has done nothing? i was wondering since i dont have the choice to use green gas, how i should maintain my usp so it can last me a long time while using propane.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Welcome to the forums Shoryuken. If acquiring green gas for the first 45 days of ownership is an issue, and must rely on propane, you will void your warranty. You can see everything the warranty covers and does not cover on the tan warranty card included in the box of your gun (if you bought the gun from an authorized KWA reseller).

Be sure to maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule if you must use propane. Do not put a lot of silicon oil into the propane canister itself, as you do not want to risk swelling your hop up bucking, but do be sure to clean your gun nearly every time you use it with propane.

pirate, on 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

Propane is green gas. Only real difference is that green gas has oil mixed in already, while you have to manually ad oil to the propane can when using propane.
Pirate, in response to this and your other post, please look at the countless threads on this forum discussing the differences between propane and green gas. KWA has done extensive testing to see that propane causes a number of things wrong with KWA products, that's why they say to use green gas... I do not wish to argue about it... the info is right here on this forum and can be very helpful if you give it a read. While you may have never experienced an issue with propane; other users have, and it's all about how propane is used in conjunction with lubricating the gun. I use green gas and it's what KWA recommends. I digress...

#7 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

ok Oulaw1995 since you say silicon swells the hop up is 3-4 drops every 10 mags ok like pirate said? also what do you mean by rigorous cleaning scheduled is there any video that can show exactly what to do? Thanks by the way guys

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Although it is a different gun, the cleaning areas are the same. Be sure to use a q tip and run along the slide rails, where it contacts the frame... etc.

I would run probably let 1-2 drops into the propane canister, every 10 or so mags... keeping the emphasis on the maintenance/cleaning schedule after shooting. If you run too much silicon oil in the propane tank, and get all that lube inside one mag, just think about how much silicon lube is going onto the hop up bucking when the gun fires.

I've been testing one of my guns with propane dry before, with absolutely no silicon lubrication added inside the propane. It's been running fine, just have to be sure to clean the gun afterwards. Propane leaves this gunk that silicon oil doesn't, and if a gun breaks, it's very easy for a tech to see that the user ran propane as opposed to green gas. (Besides the smell) propane leaves a gunk that will gum up your gun... Gotta make sure you clean it! :)

And when I say silicon oil, I mean 100% pure silicon oil 20-30 wt. The gel-like stuff. Not the silicon spray. The silicon spray oil has aerosol and other additives that don't work well with the rubbers used inside a KWA gun.

#9 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

oh man i only have spray silicon oil! were can i get the 100% pure silicon oil 20-30 wt? also can i use the oil the gun comes with in the mean time while i buy the oil you mentioned?

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Shoryuken, on 07 February 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

oh man i only have spray silicon oil! were can i get the 100% pure silicon oil 20-30 wt? also can i use the oil the gun comes with in the mean time while i buy the oil you mentioned?
Yes you can use the silicon oil KWA gives you in the box. You can find 100% pure silicon oil 20 wt, 25 wt or 30 wt at a R/C hobby store, even on the internet. For example, this one: http://www.airsoftat...Oil-p/33774.htm

Just be careful about shipping charges.

#11 Shoryuken

Shoryuken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

wow man thanks for the help outlaw1995!

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

No problem dude! Let us know if you have any other questions. I'm sure the forum would be very happy to answer them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USP, Propane, Kwa, maintenance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users