• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I know it has been discussed before but I havent found a solution yet. I bought this gun last week (MP7) and also bought some .25 ICS bb's. The bb's were jamming in the magazine. I read somewhere that someone else had problems with that brand BB so I ordered some KWA .25's. Well, same story here, they are jamming in the mag. I have tried spraying some silicone oil in the track which worked for maybe one full mag but it happened again, I have also tried cleaning it really well.

I will also mention that when I use cheap bb's from walmart, They dont jam.. What gives?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi bob8619, welcome to the forums. I would say that the bbs diameter is too big for the magazine channel and would recommend getting KWA bbs... but they are also jamming in the mag? That's very odd. Just a tip, never spray silicon on any area of the gun. Spray silicon contains aerosol which has additives which can negatively affect the gun. Also, try not to lubricate any part of the gun or magazine where the bbs touch. Getting silicon oil on the bbs will lead to swelled hop up buckings, and it's not fun switching out a hop up bucking ESPECIALLY on the MP7, trust me. ;)

So do these bbs feed to the top, or do they get stuck in the bb channel? If they get stuck at the feed lips, or if putting bbs through the feed lips require some pushing to get them into the magazine channel, your feed lips may be too small. Simply take a file or sandpaper and lightly smooth out the edges of the feed lips and increase the circumference just a little bit.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 02 February 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#3 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Thank you for your response but I wasted your time and I apologize. I jumped the gun on this.(no pun intended)
The cleaning that I did was done BEFORE trying these new BB's so I assumed it was all clean, well upon cleaning again I noticed a broken shard of one of the walmart bb's jammed up in channel. So with that removed the KWA bb's are working.

Edited by bob8619, 02 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postbob8619, on 02 February 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thank you for your response but I wasted your time and I apologize. I jumped the gun on this.(no pun intended)
The cleaning that I did was done BEFORE trying these new BB's so I assumed it was all clean, well upon cleaning again I noticed a broken shard of one of the walmart bb's jammed up in channel. So with that removed the KWA bb's are working.
That's good to hear! No need to apologize, I'm always happy to help out anyone on these forums. Enjoy using the gun, the MP7 is great.

#5 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yes it is great. Whats the real deal on this discontinuation of it that I just caught wind of today? I got confused as far as KWA, UMAREX, H&K. Hope I didnt buy a gun that will have no support

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

View Postbob8619, on 02 February 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yes it is great. Whats the real deal on this discontinuation of it that I just caught wind of today? I got confused as far as KWA, UMAREX, H&K. Hope I didnt buy a gun that will have no support
KWA continues to manufacture, but no longer distributes, the HK line.  Now, only Umarex will distribute and warranty those which they distribute.  Note: For any KWA distribute HK's, KWA will continue to warranty and repair those units.

Hope this helps.

#7 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Indeed it does. Thanks

#8 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Where can I find a parts breakdown of this gun? I see people talking about cylinders and I dont know what that part is, instead of asking what part is what I figured a breakdown will get me up to speed!

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

You can find a parts diagram in your manual. Here's the link to the full manual online: (has the parts diagram and parts descriptions by part number in the back of the manual):
http://www.greekairs...User Manual.pdf

and here's the link to the parts diagram by itself without the text box saying what each part number is:
http://kwausa.com/fi..._S08V01_MP7.jpg

#10 bob8619

bob8619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Perfect. Man this is the most helpful forum I have joined! Thanks!

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postbob8619, on 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Perfect. Man this is the most helpful forum I have joined! Thanks!
No problem dude! You'll find that this forum is the very best when it comes to getting real advice and tech support for all your KWA products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users