• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darktrooper4

darktrooper4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

just came into posession of a used mac11a1 and uppon firing it i realize that it would only shoot about 1-3 shots on semi and would short stroke itself. at first i thought the recoil spring was to weak to push the impact block into the magazine but im not sure about that anymore. im very confuse as to why its doing this everything looks and seems fine, the valves are perfectly ok the are very smooth. the gun will feed and fire bbs but will continue to short stroke itself and only fire a few. it will fire full auto but will struggle through it and once you let off the trigger the bolt usuall is in the close or half battery position. really want to get this gun to work but i dont want to pay out the end to get it fixed im hoping i can fix it myself.

yes i have two mags and yes one has a good condition square rubber piece. but it does the same thing on both mags.

is there anyway to fix this?

if you would like pitcures or a video i can do that and post it here.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hi darktrooper4, welcome to the forums. If you are talking about when you pull the trigger the bolt goes forward but stops halfway, I believe that would be a hammer spring issue. I had this same problem myself. The valves are very tight... as a temporary fix I lubricated the gas release valves with 100% pure silicon oil, and that did the trick for a few magazines. But the problem kept coming back.

I'd recommend sending the gun to KWA for repair, as I have found no youtube vids showing you how to tear the M11A1 down so that you could install a new hammer spring... if that spring isn't tight enough to push the impact block into the gas release valve, the gun is going to short-stroke.

I'd submit an RMA and ship off the gun for KWA to repair... www.kwausa.com/support

#3 darktrooper4

darktrooper4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 27 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hi darktrooper4, welcome to the forums. If you are talking about when you pull the trigger the bolt goes forward but stops halfway, I believe that would be a hammer spring issue. I had this same problem myself. The valves are very tight... as a temporary fix I lubricated the gas release valves with 100% pure silicon oil, and that did the trick for a few magazines. But the problem kept coming back.

I'd recommend sending the gun to KWA for repair, as I have found no youtube vids showing you how to tear the M11A1 down so that you could install a new hammer spring... if that spring isn't tight enough to push the impact block into the gas release valve, the gun is going to short-stroke.

I'd submit an RMA and ship off the gun for KWA to repair... www.kwausa.com/support

i know how to install a new hammer spring and yes it is deffinetly short stroking the bolt. and i just cleaned the main bolt valve and the mag valves are lubed and freely moving. i know how to break the gun down. how much would it cost for them to fix it. it is a used gun. im not the first owner. but would really like to get this working. i think your right that its not hitting the valve hard enough to release enough gas to make the gun recoil back far enough.

#4 darktrooper4

darktrooper4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

would also like to point out that this is not the NS2 system its the older mac11, very much sorry thought it was the NS2 system.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'd expect to pay anywhere around $45 for parts and labor.

If you know how to do the repair, then give KWA a call and place an order for the part. Their number is 626-581-1777, open mon-fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST, closed weekends and holidays.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 27 January 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#6 darktrooper4

darktrooper4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 27 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'd expect to pay anywhere around $45 for parts and labor.

If you know how to do the repair, then give KWA a call and place an order for the part. Their number is 626-581-1777, open mon-fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST, closed weekends and holidays.

ok i will and so your possitive with a change of the recoil spring it should fix the issue with the hammer not hitting the hammer block hard enough.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

With the change of the hammer spring, the gun's impact block will hit the gas release valve more forcefully, and cause the gas release valves to release the gas. That is, if your gas release valves are in perfect working order. When the magazine is full with gas, can you press the gas release valve in, and release the gas? If that's the case, the gas release valves are fine.

So yes, you need a change in hammer spring, not a recoil spring. And that will ensure the impact block knocks the valve properly with enough force.

#8 darktrooper4

darktrooper4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

http://store.kwausa....deassembly.aspx

this is the only spring that pushes the hammer into the impact block. and my valves are perfectly fine.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's not that, that's the recoil guide rod/guide rod spring I believe. That is for pushing your bolt forward when you pull the trigger. You are going to want parts 74 and 75. I'd get both just to have two new springs handy just incase it's one spring, not the other. You can see what parts they are if you look at the manual here:
http://kwausa.com/im...mmd09_m11a1.pdf

Just scroll down to the parts diagram, it's at the bottom of the page. Be advised, those two part numbers are for the NS2 gun, and that parts diagram is for the NS2 version as well... I would believe this would be the spring you need for your NS1 version:
http://store.kwausa....latespring.aspx

But I'd call up KWA and ask which part you need to allow the impact block to hit the gas release valve for the NS1 model. And buy it right off the phone with them, just so there's no confusion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: impact block, trigger, gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users