#1 sgtash

sgtash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi Guys

Hope someone maybe able to help, I have a MP9R that cycles great on both semi
and full auto its fitted with a low power bolt.

The issue its got at the moment is the bolt is not holding back when the mag is empty, total shots through the MP9 are about 2000 total.

Your help and advise is appreciated

Steve

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi sgtash, welcome to the forums. I would check the bb follower in the mag. If the notch on the side of the bb follower is worn, it may not be hitting the bolt stop up properly. If possible, could you take a picture of this piece so we can see if it's the culprit?

#3 sgtash

sgtash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Thanks - been lurking for a while

Picture of the mags

Posted Image

Thanks for the help

Edited by sgtash, 21 January 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

BB followers look fine. Can you lock the bolt manually if you pull the charging handle back and push up on the bolt lock lever?

If not, your bolt lock lever must be worn.

#5 sgtash

sgtash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Yep if I pull the charging handle to the rear and push the bolt release up then yes bolt lock works

#6 bayags

bayags

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

From experience and acquired knowledge.

On the left side of the bolt when holding the kmp9, the bolt catch is supposed to push up and stop the bolt when there are no bbs. You can see this when you push the bolt catch up like you did. That small area where it bolt contacts the bolt catch tends to wear out and creates kind of a slope so the bolt ends up slipping off instead of locking. You might what to take a file to the bolt catch and flatten the area out. If you can take a picture of where the bolt and the bolt catch meet, We might be able to tell you for sure if it is that or not.

If any of my information is off, please someone correct me. Maybe Outlaw can chime in!

Good luck!

Edited by bayags, 23 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

bayags, on 23 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

From experience and acquired knowledge.

On the left side of the bolt when holding the kmp9, the bolt catch is supposed to push up and stop the bolt when there are no bbs. You can see this when you push the bolt catch up like you did. That small area where it bolt contacts the bolt catch tends to wear out and creates kind of a slope so the bolt ends up slipping off instead of locking. You might what to take a file to the bolt catch and flatten the area out. If you can take a picture of where the bolt and the bolt catch meet, We might be able to tell you for sure if it is that or not.

If any of my information is off, please someone correct me. Maybe Outlaw can chime in!

Good luck!
Your advice seems to make valid sense. I guess the KMP9 bolt must have a similar trait to the LM4's, that you may need to file the area where the bolt engages the bolt lock if it ever wears.

sgtash, if you are uncomfortable with doing the modification, you can always send your gun into KWA to get it fixed by a KWA tech. It's as easy as submitting an RMA here: www.kwausa.com/support and then filling out the paperwork and shipping your gun off to KWA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users