• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Heldure

Heldure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

does anyone know how to put this stock on? I heard there is some modification that needs to be done but I cannot find any pictures or tutorial or anything on how to do it. sucks because this stock is so awesome and kind of expensive so just getting a different one isnt really an option.

#2 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

The G&G version was a direct drop in on my KM4. It adds a lot of weight to the gun. Madbull also makes one. I believe you need to buy a buffer tube to go with that one.

#3 Heldure

Heldure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm talking about the madbull one, however I may be able to get the g&g one but its a bit more. Id rather pay a bit more than ruin my lower because I dont know what Im doing.

#4 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

If the madbull one will work, I'm guessing that its better quality. I believe it may work if you buy the buffer tube that goes with it. Sorry I can't help more.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I have the Madbull one and it took some dremeling to get it to fit right on my SR5. You don't need a new buffer tube. It's a complete kit that slides on to the tube on the lower receiver. But because the tube base on KWA's are beefier you have to file the thickness down all the way around. I also had to remove some material inside the opening of the stock. You will also need to cut that tube down about an inch or so (I forget).
One thing to note though is that it does not give you a lot of room for fuse and battery. I am running a AWS raptor fet and ended up removing the fuse with this setup which I do not recommend. You will be limited to a stick lipo with only about 1200 mah. So if you MUST have it, you can make it work but there will be limitations on battery size and fuse option.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I have the Madbull one and it took some dremeling to get it to fit right on my SR5. You don't need a new buffer tube. It's a complete kit that slides on to the tube on the lower receiver. But because the tube base on KWA's are beefier you have to file the thickness down all the way around. I also had to remove some material inside the opening of the stock. You will also need to cut that tube down about an inch or so (I forget).
One thing to note though is that it does not give you a lot of room for fuse and battery. I am running a AWS raptor fet and ended up removing the fuse with this setup which I do not recommend. You will be limited to a stick lipo with only about 1200 mah. So if you MUST have it, you can make it work but there will be limitations on battery size and fuse option.
CQR = front wired.  Battery won't be an issue here....Silly Niko, LOL.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

CQR = front wired.  Battery won't be an issue here....Silly Niko, LOL.

Haha.  My bad.

Here's a picture of mine on the SR5

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 19 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Haha.  My bad.

Here's a picture of mine on the SR5

Posted Image

Posted Image
No worries, I know the baby is keeping you up!

#9 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Is the size of the factory buffer tube on the CQR a MIL-SPEC?  I have been wanting to change mine to a rear wired stock.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostChris562, on 25 July 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Is the size of the factory buffer tube on the CQR a MIL-SPEC?  I have been wanting to change mine to a rear wired stock.
Yes, it is Mil Spec.

#11 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thank you GCW360!!

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

:gun: :gun:

#13 Ropsitos

Ropsitos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

GCW, is the ACE skeleton stock in the image on an airsoft rifle or real steel?  I have a CQR that I would love to put that stock on, because both my real AR's use that stock.  I've no idea what I need to do to change out the CQR stock and buffer to accommodate the ACE.

thanks
bob

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostRopsitos, on 23 August 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

GCW, is the ACE skeleton stock in the image on an airsoft rifle or real steel?  I have a CQR that I would love to put that stock on, because both my real AR's use that stock.  I've no idea what I need to do to change out the CQR stock and buffer to accommodate the ACE.

thanks
bob
Sorry Bob.  That's not my picture.  Welcome to the Forums though.

#15 Ropsitos

Ropsitos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

View Postgcw360, on 23 August 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Sorry Bob.  That's not my picture.  Welcome to the Forums though.

Sorry my bad.  I was down the bottom of the post when I replied and only saw the image in your quote.

Niko, since that's your picture, is the ACE skeleton install similar to what you described for the ACE SOCOM?

thanks
bob

#16 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostRopsitos, on 24 August 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Sorry my bad.  I was down the bottom of the post when I replied and only saw the image in your quote.

Niko, since that's your picture, is the ACE skeleton install similar to what you described for the ACE SOCOM?

thanks
bob

The socom stock was more work than I anticipated. The one I have on my sr5 is madbull.
I had to cut off about 1/3 off the post that holds the buffer tube in place and used a dremel the grind down the inside of the opening in the stock and also the side rails on the post of the lower receiver to make them fit. . The skeleton stock also was about the same amount of work but was a bit easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users