• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hello everyone, I have a question about my g36c kwa hk motor. When I bought the g36c kwa hk via amazon everything was fine until the 3rd time I used the gun it stopped shooting. The problem was the motor. I need to replace my motor but in the kwa store parts website they don't got it in stock, the one they got is the long type (with large screw or whatever it is) but the one my aeg uses is short type. I've been asking for help in the help desk but they say the motor they have in stock #253 is the only one kwa guns use (#208 for g36c) but in my manual it says it is #91 so they are telling me my gun is Umarex product which I don't know what that means. My question is which motor should I buy and where, or if I can even use another brand motor because someone told me before I can't. I was looking in amazon for the echo1 short type motor but I don't really know. Thanks for the help.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Does your G36 have Umarex or KWA trades?

#3 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

"Official H&K licensed prodyct. Umarex holds the worldwide exclusive HK-Tradmark and exterior design copy license for use with this Umarex product, granted by HK , Inc., U.S.A." this is what it says on the operators manual but on the gun's surface it has like a small badge or sign in big letters saying: HK G36C cal. 6 mm BB and the serial number on the bottom of it. I don't know what all of this you just told me is about but my question is where can I get the motor I need or if the echo1 short type motor fits to my gun because in the KWA help desk they told me in a ticket that they don't have the motor on stock and they can't give me information about 3rd party products, that to get information I had to turn up to the KWA forums. Thanks for the help.

Edited by gcw360, 26 January 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#4 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

G36 uses a short type motor.

Get a Lonex to replace your KWA motor. Don't mess with the rest. I like the A2 torque motors from them, but the speed and balanced will be fine too, especially with stock gears, I run 13:1 speed gears with the A2 torque motor.

More importantly, how do you know it is your motor? Three weeks is a very short lifetime for a motor even in a rental gun. What symptoms lead you to believe it is your motor?

Have you checked the motor tabs and fuse?

Peace

Edited by philsaudio, 17 January 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#5 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello philsaudio thank you for the help. When my g36c stopped working I checked the fuse, battery, charger because since it was so new I didn't think it will be a huge problem. Since in my country there's no airsoft service or something similar I just forgot about it and then 6 months later checked again to try and repair it. I took it to an electrical repairing shop and the mechanic disarmed it since he already knew about airsoft guns (he had his own) and he tested the motor with some cables and a small machine he got and the torque was not spinning but if you put your fingers on the motor you would feel it was trying to but won't spin. So he told me it was the motor. Are you sure Lonex is the best motor I can buy to replace it? In amazon they don't sell it so I don't know where to buy it from. So the kwa g36c can use other brand motor?

What about this ones: http://www.amazon.co...rt type motor  

or the echo1 ? Thanks

#6 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postgls15, on 17 January 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hello philsaudio thank you for the help. When my g36c stopped working I checked the fuse, battery, charger because since it was so new I didn't think it will be a huge problem. Since in my country there's no airsoft service or something similar I just forgot about it and then 6 months later checked again to try and repair it. I took it to an electrical repairing shop and the mechanic disarmed it since he already knew about airsoft guns (he had his own) and he tested the motor with some cables and a small machine he got and the torque was not spinning but if you put your fingers on the motor you would feel it was trying to but won't spin. So he told me it was the motor. Are you sure Lonex is the best motor I can buy to replace it? In amazon they don't sell it so I don't know where to buy it from. So the kwa g36c can use other brand motor?

What about this ones: http://www.amazon.co...rt type motor  

or the echo1 ? Thanks

Any of those short motors will work in a G36, and you do not need to replace your KWA motor with a KWA replacement.

Lonex is the best but those SHS motors will work fine.

I would still suspect the bad motor diagnosis. If I had it in front of me I would hook the motor terminals directly to a charged airsoft battery that I know was working because I had just seen it cycling an airsoft gun.

A freestanding motor trying to spin either has a power source with insuficient current output or; if the battery is good, perhaps a bad brush or commutator.  If there is something wrong in your electrical system the new motor will not spin either.

Good luck.
Peace

#7 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hey philsaudio, the mechanic tested the batteries by connecting them to something he has to prove they are working and then he tested the motor by conecting the cables directly to electircal current as I told you and it wont spin. I hope it is the motor because im about to order it and I don't want to waste money on something that I don't need.. He told me the problem was probably (since im noob in airsoft) that I pulled the trigger in semi and I hold it still for few time and that forces the motor and makes it break (something like that) so I don't know what to do but I think im going to order the echo1 motor.

Philsaudio if you look at the echo1 motor in amazon it has like a red spring around the pinion, my kwa original motor doesn't have that spring, does it affects in any way? Thanks

http://www.amazon.co...hort type motor

Edited by gls15, 17 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#8 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

You can use the spring from the old motor. Don't worry about that.

I would make sure that motor has a neo magnet motor for that price. Echo 1 is nothing more than rebranded JG. JG does have some neo motors so be sure before you buy.

I would want to see this tech's power supply turn another motor before i would trust it as a reliable test source. AEG's need a lot of current to begin turning and most bench supplies can not supply 30-50 amps for the short time to do it.  It takes 20 amps to keep the things going and a 25-50 amp power supply is HUGE and expensive.

#9 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

What is the difference of  neo motors to non neo motors? Can you send me an example of one and how can I find if this echo1 motor has a neo magnet motor?

My neighbor is also a mechanic and he is going to test my motor by applying electricity directly to it, just to make sure so I will tell you how it went soon.

I found in the echo1 official website the same motor we are looking at in amazon and it says it has strong magnets for springs m90-m160 and my spring I think is m120 but it doesn't really says it has neo magnets. Should I buy it? http://www.echo1shop...que-motor-short

Edited by gls15, 18 January 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#10 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hey philsaudio, I went to radioshack to test the motor again because you told me and guess what?... They used an apparatus that you put 4 big batteries of 1.5 volts each (6volts all together) and then connected positive and negative charge to the cables and it worked, the screw started spinning as it should! They also used a current tester to test the cables and both negative and positive cables seem to be working, so I don't know what is exactly happening because we then connected the motor to the gearbox as it should be, and applied the 6v to the cable that brings the power to the motor and it didn't work. They told me it might be because the 6v is probably not enough to make the motor spin when it is set up with the gearbox but at least we know the motor is working fine :D. I now think it is either the batteries and charger ( they tested the charger and it's not working) and the battery got really hot one time I was charging it so probably it got burnt. If it's not the batteries I have no clue at all what is the problem but I'm going to try it using a friend's battery and tell you soon how it went.

#11 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Your motor spun out of the GB because it had no load. Won't spin in the GB because it needs 20-40 amps to pull the GB from a dead stop. I really think it is your battery.

You can tell neo motors by the color of the magnet (bright silver vs grey blue black ferrous magnets) and by how strong it is. If you hold the pistol grip near your keys a neo will want to rip your keys out of your pocket.

If it is neo they will say it if not they will say the magnets are really strong. Being neo is a big marketing point and major engineering point.

Try a nice new airsoft battery with your gun. Get a 9.6V  or a 7.4 V lipo.

Peace

#12 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I will try with a battery of my friend first and make sure it is working for him. If my gun works with his battery I will then need to get a good new battery and a good new charger because in radioshack they told me the charger was not working too, and when I tried charging my battery with another charger that could just charge up to 7 volts (my battery is 8.4) the battery got really really hot and I think that was what damaged it. Thanks for all the help and I hope it is the battery!

#13 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

make sure you get a smart charger to prevent cooking your new battery.

peace

#14 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hey philsaudio, I just tried shooting my gun with my friend's battery that is fully charged and works for him but still nothing happens... I now have 100% no idea of what to do or what's the problem so im going to take a video about the problem and post it here so you see and also send it to kwa technical support to see what they tell me...

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

The first thing you should check are the motor brushes on the motor. It may need a little resurfacing and a good cleaning. If you look on the DIY section of the forums you will see a "motor maintenance tutorial" video that will explain what to do.
Also take a close look at the motor connector terminals. It could've have been scorched from arcing which can be cleaned by sanding it down.

#16 mockingshot

mockingshot

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

www.clandestineairsoft.com
look here for a lonex A2 long type.
SHS also makes good motors
JG blue can pull anything
echo 1 motors are terrible compared to lonex

Edited by mockingshot, 24 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postgls15, on 24 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hey philsaudio, I just tried shooting my gun with my friend's battery that is fully charged and works for him but still nothing happens... I now have 100% no idea of what to do or what's the problem so im going to take a video about the problem and post it here so you see and also send it to kwa technical support to see what they tell me...
I just opened KWA G36C this week with the same symptoms. The selector plate was broken in half. If all else fails, I would inspect the fire selector plate. To veiw the selector plate you will need to separate the lower from the upper receiver.  Switch the fire selector to see if the plate engages.  If it does, you should check the trigger contacts that are engaged by the copper clip on the selector plate to see if they are damaged or bent.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted.

#18 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for the constant help. Unfortunately my g36c kwa hk is still not working and I have done everything to try and solve or at least know what is the problem ( I haven't clean the motor as niko_gspy said, but will do it now), so I decided to make this video so you see everything and what's going on and might be easier to help me know which is the problem. Thanks again and hope I can fix this soon.

Hey niko_gspy, can the motor get dirty that fast? I just used the gun about 3 times (but yeah in the place I used it there was a lot of dust and it was outside so it might be this ( I HOPE!!!).

PLEASE watch it and try to help me...

The energy I put directly to the motor is of 6v while the motor needs 8.4v battery which might be why when the battery is connected to the cables the motor don't get sufficient power to work with the gears (this is what I guess) which means the cables are damaged?

Edited by gls15, 25 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#19 gls15

gls15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hey niko_gspy I just noticed my pinion is not turning as easy as it seems on your video of motor maintenance when you do it with your hand. I don't know if cleaning the brushes because I don't have the drying cleaner you use and I don't really want to break anything but do you really think this will solve it, because if it does I will try to do it.

#20 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

I am beginning to wonder if you have a locked up gear box. But go ahead and try the motor cleaning and see if that solves it before opening the gearbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users