Jump to content


KWA MP7 discontinued?

mp7

  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#61 Sonicninja

Sonicninja

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think the MP9 real steel is made by B&T anyway and not sure it was licensed in the first place. Check the site, if its up on the KWA site it will likely still be manufactured . This only affects H&K stuff.

#62 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I was just about to say that.  The MP9 is made by B&T.  Not H&K.

#63 Cpapp

Cpapp

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postkwaispro727, on 17 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Well, at least since the guns will become rare people who didn't buy as many mags as they wanted will be able to sell them for a decent price.  Assuming KWA doesn't continue making them.
wait so does this mean its not official that they will stop making mags? I just bought two more invade as a bolt, but I needed these anyways

#64 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

As of right now, they are not making them.  That is official.  What I'm saying is, with the discontinuation of the gun and the mags, one could sell either of them on ebay or craigslist for a decent price, which will only go up over time.

#65 Cpapp

Cpapp

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Oh I see ok thanks for quick reply!

Edited by Cpapp, 17 January 2013 - 05:57 PM.


#66 Nirelko

Nirelko

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

I know its not belong to this post but i dont want to open a thread on it.
The shop that i bought the mp7 from told me that i dont need to lube it because the lube from the green gas will be enough, I'm using the WE green gas.
They also brought me a half year warranty on any dmg which is not cost by breaking it in purpose.
what do you think?
Is that true?
The lube by the green gas is enough? I'm using only green gas no propane

#67 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostSonicninja, on 17 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think the MP9 real steel is made by B&T anyway and not sure it was licensed in the first place. Check the site, if its up on the KWA site it will likely still be manufactured . This only affects H&K stuff.
This is true...

#68 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

So this explains why Evike was selling these MP7's for 180 with free shipping for the month of December.  I agree with everyone else , this sucks.  Luckily i just got my extra mag from my pre order through Evike. Just came this week.

#69 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Postnugentgl, on 17 January 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

What I want to know is when did KWA know this?  I find it hard to believe that KWA didn't have prior knowledge and just let their customers continue to buy these products knowing that it was going to be discontinued.  One word...shady.

I just bought an MP7 and HK45 one week ago :wtf2:

We apologize if it seemed that way, but It was beyond our control.  We negotiated with the best intents but in the end Umarex holds the worldwide HK license and can do whatever they please.  For those with KWA HK products, rest assure that spare magazines will be available through Umarex.

#70 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostRadix, on 18 January 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

For those with KWA HK products, rest assure that spare magazines will be available through Umarex.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Crisis averted.

#71 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Great :)

#72 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

KWA doea not make or market a MP9 (nor a M4 for that matter).  They make and market a KMP9 (and a KM4).  The difference in nomenclature is subtle but avoids any trademark or copyright infringement.  The MP7A1 was a licensed product, hence it had all those HK trademarks and the serial number plate.  Frankly the trademarks on the gun are meaningless to me.  Neat, but meaningless.  I'm perfectly happy with KM4 on that gun rather than Colt's.  Neither gun cares what graphics are on it.

My MP7A1 only has a hint of KWA on one end of the box.  "Manufactured by KWA" or similar.  Intersting part is it has a one year warranty, not 45 days.

-- Chuck

#73 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostChuck S, on 18 January 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

KWA doea not make or market a MP9 (nor a M4 for that matter).  They make and market a KMP9 (and a KM4).  The difference in nomenclature is subtle but avoids any trademark or copyright infringement.  The MP7A1 was a licensed product, hence it had all those HK trademarks and the serial number plate.  Frankly the trademarks on the gun are meaningless to me.  Neat, but meaningless.  I'm perfectly happy with KM4 on that gun rather than Colt's.  Neither gun cares what graphics are on it.

My MP7A1 only has a hint of KWA on one end of the box.  "Manufactured by KWA" or similar.  Intersting part is it has a one year warranty, not 45 days.

-- Chuck
Thats because the warranty is through Umarex. Also, KWA cannot make a KMP7 because Starting this year, dealers cant sell unlicensed HK replicas in the US. Thats why all the JG 614s and other HK clones have been on sale lately.

#74 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostChuck S, on 18 January 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

KWA doea not make or market a MP9 (nor a M4 for that matter).  They make and market a KMP9 (and a KM4).  The difference in nomenclature is subtle but avoids any trademark or copyright infringement.  The MP7A1 was a licensed product, hence it had all those HK trademarks and the serial number plate.  Frankly the trademarks on the gun are meaningless to me.  Neat, but meaningless.  I'm perfectly happy with KM4 on that gun rather than Colt's.  Neither gun cares what graphics are on it.

My MP7A1 only has a hint of KWA on one end of the box.  "Manufactured by KWA" or similar.  Intersting part is it has a one year warranty, not 45 days.

-- Chuck
Wait really??? A whole year???

#75 nugentgl

nugentgl

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostRadix, on 18 January 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

We apologize if it seemed that way, but It was beyond our control.  We negotiated with the best intents but in the end Umarex holds the worldwide HK license and can do whatever they please.  For those with KWA HK products, rest assure that spare magazines will be available through Umarex.

Excellent!  So when will we start to see a resupply of the MP7 magazines?  Just about everywhere is out or running very low and unfortunately, I will not be in a position to buy spare mags for another few months.

#76 Cpapp

Cpapp

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well I just bought a few mags for nothing, but I would have needed them anyways so it's not too bad.

#77 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yep, my airsoft HK MP7A1 is warranted for one (1) year by Umarex USA.  In three languages (English, French and Spanish) no less.

The operator's manual is the familiar black, white and red HK manual.  No mention of KWA other than "manufactured by KWA" on the manual cover.  If you have this version the warranty should be a year as well.

-- Chuck

#78 Nirelko

Nirelko

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostChuck S, on 18 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Yep, my airsoft HK MP7A1 is warranted for one (1) year by Umarex USA.  In three languages (English, French and Spanish) no less.

The operator's manual is the familiar black, white and red HK manual.  No mention of KWA other than "manufactured by KWA" on the manual cover.  If you have this version the warranty should be a year as well.

-- Chuck

are the trades on the gun are different than usual?
I mean instead of 6mm bb the real caliber?

#79 wurger

wurger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

KSC System 7 mags should work, if you can find them.

I've never had a high opinion of Umarex. Umraex puts profit far above of quality.

#80 GorillaAST

GorillaAST

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!!!!!!!
  • Country:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

I am so glad I just ordered 4 MP7 mags.

Also my last 4......





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users