Jump to content


Unknown Object Fell Out of Mag


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Overlord

Overlord

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft of course
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Today I was shooting my atp and some of the gas would not go inside the mag leaving me 5 shots per fill, the gas can was almost out.  After filling the mag again part of the fill valve came off and I don't know how to put it back on.  Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with, I got this from google because I don't know where my camera's plug in thing is.  The little circle-cone and o ring are the parts that came off.  I found a replacement, but want to know if this is fixable.  Thank you
Posted Image

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

There are two o rings in this picture. Is it the o ring inside the fill valve? Or the exterior one seen near the threads of the valve?

My guess is it's the one inside the fill valve, and replacing them are a piece of cake. You could buy moondog o rings here:

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=33981

and then use something small like a toothpick to push the o rings inside the valve. They are somewhat thick so you will need to put a little strength in when  pushing these o rings into the fill valves.

#3 Overlord

Overlord

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft of course
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

What about the brass circle thing( that sits inside of the o ring) in the interior of the valve because that fell out too

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostOverlord, on 13 January 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Today I was shooting my atp and some of the gas would not go inside the mag leaving me 5 shots per fill, the gas can was almost out.  After filling the mag again part of the fill valve came off and I don't know how to put it back on.  Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with, I got this from google because I don't know where my camera's plug in thing is.  The little circle-cone and o ring are the parts that came off.  I found a replacement, but want to know if this is fixable.  Thank you
Posted Image
Is it the whole valve as in the picture posted, or just the end that has the threads and o-ring on it?  If it's just part of the fill valve you will need a new fill valve and to disassemble the mag to get the broken part out if that's the case.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Then it probably cracked off the valve entirely... no need to worry about replacing that fill valve. You can buy new ones here:
http://store.kwausa....valveset-1.aspx

Since it is out of stock on the online pro shop, give KWA a call to see if they have them in stock. 626-581-1777 open mon-fri, 8:30 am to 5:30pm, closed weekends/holidays.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 13 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.


#6 Overlord

Overlord

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft of course
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thank you and would I want to take out the 3 pins at the bottom of the mag to get to the fill valve or is there a certain way to get to that part

#7 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostOverlord, on 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Thank you and would I want to take out the 3 pins at the bottom of the mag to get to the fill valve or is there a certain way to get to that part
First, have we established the valve is indeed broken and part of it is still in the mag?  If so, There are two ways to remove:
  • Use a screw remover and back the valve out without disassembly

  • Remove the TWO pins (front and middle) on the bottom of the mag and have at it removing the valve.
Also, you can always send it to KWA an be assured it's done right!!!!

#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

You only need to use a screwdriver if only the inner part of the valve broke off. Just use a flathead to unscrew the valve, make sure to release all of the gas before you do though.
No need to remove the pins if you are able to unscrew the valve.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 24 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

You only need to use a screwdriver if only the inner part of the valve broke off. Just use a flathead to unscrew the valve, make sure to release all of the gas before you do though.
No need to remove the pins if you are able to unscrew the valve.
Sorry, I was assuming that the top half of the valve broke off leaving the bottom half in the mag....my bad.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users