Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Here's my problem:
https://www.youtube....h?v=_g7oP3goHbY

Edited by Fluffy Boy 32, 12 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your issue.  Thank you for the video though.  Your outer barrel and guide rod are too far forward.  Additionally, the guide rod should remain slightly ahead of the outer barrel when the slide racks.

You need to move both to the rear while positioning and re-seating the spring guide.  What you need to do is try pulling the guide forward to re-seat it.  Now, this can be tricky and may require some fiddling with the barrel and slide at the same time.  Once the trigger guide is reset the slide will come forward.

#3 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postgcw360, on 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Sorry to hear about your issue.  Thank you for the video though.  Your outer barrel and guide rod are too far forward.  Additionally, the guide rod should remain slightly ahead of the outer barrel when the slide racks.

You need to move both to the rear while positioning and re-seating the spring guide.  What you need to do is try pulling the guide forward to re-seat it.  Now, this can be tricky and may require some fiddling with the barrel and slide at the same time.  Once the trigger guide is reset the slide will come forward.
Thanks for the reply. I went outside and had to take a hammer and pin punch to the chamber "cover" and give it a little tap. Then it broke free and I aligned the spring guide up enough to get the slide off.

Just test shot it and it's back to normal! Thanks for the help.

Quick question though. When I'm shooting the gun, if I pull the trigger back all the way it won't fire but if I pull it back all the way and then give the trigger a hard squeeze it will fire. Sometime it will do this and other times I won't have to squeeze it as hard. What could be the problem?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostFluffy Boy 32, on 12 January 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply. I went outside and had to take a hammer and pin punch to the chamber "cover" and give it a little tap. Then it broke free and I aligned the spring guide up enough to get the slide off.

Just test shot it and it's back to normal! Thanks for the help.

Quick question though. When I'm shooting the gun, if I pull the trigger back all the way it won't fire but if I pull it back all the way and then give the trigger a hard squeeze it will fire. Sometime it will do this and other times I won't have to squeeze it as hard. What could be the problem?
Glad to hear it all worked out....Hmmm, chamber cover?  OK, regarding the trigger issue, it sounds like the trigger transfer bar # 43 is not properly engaging the sear  #17.  Look here (right side of the hammer) with the slide off to see if that is the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users