1911 MK Series - Out-Of-Stock mags?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Animatic

Animatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, paintball, hiking, video games, and so on.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm pretty sure just about everyone who owns one of the MK series knows of this issue. Just about

everywhere, there are no MAGS out, and those that are out have some ridiculous prices for them.

Not only that, the gun that was sold to me from GI happened to have a ripped rubber pressure lip (I think its called that) So now the gun is now unreliable.

KWA has some really great things, but they need to get the priorities straight on a pretty pricey gun, since some others, such as WE have some pretty good guns for a cheaper price, and the mags are plentiful.

Hopefully they come out with mags by the end of this month, otherwise many people will sell or trade their paperweight.

#2 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

I am feeling your pain. I picked up the Mark III and have only used it once in 3 months cause ive only got 1 mag. kinda frustrating..love the gun thats for sure, would love it more if i had another mag..Where have you found mags? I have prob called every airsoft and LE store in the US and they are all out

#3 airsoft1234

airsoft1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

i agree....

where the hell are they :(

#4 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

I talked to one store and they said they should be shipping to stores on the 14th so we shall see

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Call KWA to get more magazine gas outport (outlet) parts. That will fix your gun.

#6 sir panchopex

sir panchopex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I have been in the same boat for about 3-4 months, except I lost my mag in a match, and I haven't been able to find ANY mag around, not even on KWA shop. There was a guy that commented in the magazine review at evike and he pointed the mags were available at WGCShop @Hong Kong. Here's the link:

http://www.wgcshop.c...atid=17&cat=634

I've ordered 3 already, and they still have stock. It may took time of course to get to my country but still I just took as much mags as I could, seeing that KWA shop doesn't have at stock yet and probably no one knows an exact date of arrival to stores :/

Edited by sir panchopex, 14 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#7 Animatic

Animatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 11 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Call KWA to get more magazine gas outport (outlet) parts. That will fix your gun.

I managed to fix that, but even if i did, we do need more than one mag out in the field.

And thanks for the help guys!

#8 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just went to EVIKE today and still no mags and they have no idea when some will be shipped..Almost want to sell it to get a pistol I can play with..Ive never even used mine in a game..

#9 sir panchopex

sir panchopex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postndfan6464, on 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Just went to EVIKE today and still no mags and they have no idea when some will be shipped..Almost want to sell it to get a pistol I can play with..Ive never even used mine in a game..

Can you buy from the link I've posted? Those are the only mags people at evike could find. it may take some weeks to arrive but still better than nothing :)

#10 Animatic

Animatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postndfan6464, on 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Same here.. I shall be selling mine soon to pick up some other m1911 style gun. Sorry KWA, it was great while it lasted!

#11 airsoft1234

airsoft1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

now im considering on selling it now.

:/

#12 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

As far as order from the WGC website. I found that sight before but it looks to cheesy for me to buy from. I sent an email to them asking if they truly did have them in stock and its now been two weeks without a reply. Ive come across a few sights they say they have them but put a call into them and come to find out they are out of stock...I'll give it a month or two and if no mags on the market ill be selling..Sucks cause I really love this 1911 but one mag is not good especially when it takes 20rds for someone to finally call there hits

#13 Animatic

Animatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

What i'm thinking is that KWA should really slow down on making some pretty pricey guns, and work on getting the needed materials for its previous guns, more clips, parts, and so on. Kriss is neat but not many people are picking it up. KWA needs to focus more on product availability!

#14 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Have you guys tried searching for used mags? Or asking people that are selling their Mk's if they would part out their spare mags?
Look around...
Also I recommend trying smaller shops, AEX etc..

#15 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostAnimatic, on 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

What i'm thinking is that KWA should really slow down on making some pretty pricey guns, and work on getting the needed materials for its previous guns, more clips, parts, and so on. Kriss is neat but not many people are picking it up. KWA needs to focus more on product availability!
I never knew KWA sold clips. LOL

*psst* Use the word magazine, it makes you sound intelligent! ;)

On a more serious note, it is difficult to find magazines sometimes for certain guns, but if you look out for them on certain websites, especially smaller shops like aaps59 said, you will find more success.

#16 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I Live in California and I started with every state on the west coast working my way east and  searched for Airsoft, paintball and police\ military training supply companies. I called everyone that was listed and no one has them. I am in the military and I even called my connections to see if they could find any and they cant. I called another friend of mine who lives in Canada who supplies me stuff for airsoft and he cant even find any. I have looked on craigslist and most guys only have one mag..The very few that had more then one wouldnt part with them, sold as a whole..Its even frustrating when I want to buy spare parts for my SR7 and no one has the parts not even KWA themselves.. I love my KWA, I am very happy I bought it but I PRAY it never goes down cause Ill never be able to get it fixed cause KWA doesn't make parts

#17 The_DG

The_DG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Biking, Hunting, Shooting, Riding Quads, Video games.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Uhm, so I only have 2 mags. When I ordered the original gun from ASGI they said mags were outa stock, but I had 1 extra in my cart and they ended up sending it with the original order. Which was really weird, but yeah, if I field this thing I wanna get at least 1 or 2 more mags for it. 14 rounds of rapid fire goes quick.
I'm gonna try talking to our local store (Omaha Air Tactical USA) when I go up there to get my KWA m4 and see what they have for mk series mags.

#18 airsoft1234

airsoft1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postaaps59, on 15 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Also I recommend trying smaller shops, AEX etc..

Checked there, multiple times throughout the month and still none.

If only other brand 1911 mags were compatible for the MK :(

#19 Animatic

Animatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Tried almost every online store I could find, out of stock in all. I think I will look into finding used magazines, besides I have plenty of o rings and parts for mags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users