• 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

A. Lubing the gun
1. The silicone oil that i will buy is this:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item27cdd14561
Is it ok?
2.I have watched this tutorial:
https://www.youtube....0GZA3cAH_hiR-Gg
Can some one please make a video on how you actually cleaning it?
When he said to lube the mag i just drop one silicone oil at the places he showed?
From what i read here on forum i musn't let the silicone oil be in contact with any part of the hop up system right?

B. Storing:
When i store the gun should i clear the mag from gas or leave it with some gas?
I'm playing in a dusty field:

Should I clean and lube the gun after each game?

Sorry about all of the questions, I want to make sure ill do the right job to maintain the gun as much as possible because in my country it cost me 556$ =\

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hi Nirelko. Using that silicon oil is fine! I watched the video, but have a few suggestions. Don't lubricate the outside of the cylinder. Getting extra lube on the cylinder may lead to getting extra oil onto the hop up bucking causing it to swell, and the gun to jam/malfunction and not shoot bbs--they roll out the end of the barrel instead. If you want to lubricate the inside of the bolt, pull the cylinder forward to reveal a green rubber ring, that is the piston seal and lubricate that to ensure a tight seal for maximum gas efficiency.

Also, try not to get any silicon oil on the hop up bucking. If you are using green gas, the bucking will receive plenty of lubrication.

You can also drip one drop of silicon oil into the gas release valve, and gas outlet port, as well as the fill valve. Do this irregularly. You don't want to over-lubricate your magazine and get extra silicon oil into that bucking, which I've already mentioned the dangers of above.

You can also put a drop of silicon oil on the recoil spring, as well as the grooves that the bolt has, where they meet and contact the inner frame rails of the MP7 body.

That's pretty much it for basic maintenance. For storing magazines, unless you are in an unsafe place where the magazines are exposed to hot temperatures, or there's an explosion, storing magazines with gas is perfectly fine, and saves you some money. I've always stored my magazines with gas still left inside them, and have had no problems whatsoever.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 07 January 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#3 Nirelko

Nirelko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thank you so much, still I will be happy if some one could make a guide video on how to clean it correctly.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

The silicone oil should be used as a Lubricant where the bolt slides in the rails inside the gun.  And that's really about it other than the points Outlaw points out..  Avoid silicone on the buckup.   Every so often put a single drop on the magazine valve seals to keep them pliable.

Remove the stock before removing the bolt, it's easier to handle just the bolt and charging handle without the stock there.  Lift both little levers to remove.

In dry dusty conditions keep the lube to a minimum as it attracts dust.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users