• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

My kwa m226 has a problem and I would like some help please I have got this pistol for Christmas and I'm not much of a tech but I can do most things. My m226 has a slide problem like when I try to pull the slide back it's like really tough and I found out that the trigger doesn't sit down enough so the slide can go by smoothly and it causes other problems for the gun. Any suggestions on what to do? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Welcome to the forums Dannyrypl. What other problems does it cause the gun?

I've noticed that when racking the M226's slide, it is not as smooth as other guns, such as KWA's M9. Clean the slide rails, and the lower frame's rails, and apply a conservative amount of pure silicon oil. That may help a bit, but won't completely cure the M226's somewhat non-smooth slide.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#3 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Thanks, it causes the gun to jam up and if I try putting a new mag in quickly and pull the slide catch down I realize that the slide catch isn't even up and that the gun just is so not smooth that the gun will lock back without the slide catch I just think that's a manufacturing problem to this general gun not the whole m226 catagory.

#4 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would greatly appreciate some help because since I have just gotten this gun brand new and haven't used it other then in my backyard once I would like an explanation to why this product of yours is doing this

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

What causes what to jam? And how does it jam? What gets in the way? The slide lock lever, the bb, the cylinder, what?

If you can't elaborate, I'd recommend just submitting an RMA and getting it fixed by KWA. Here's the link: kwausa.com/support

#6 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

The slide gets stuck on the hammer like its a rough like really rough slide.
When I pull the hammer down the slide can go by fine so it's just the hammer hitting the back of the slide and will stick there for awhile untill acted upon to move.
Will me sending it in cost me any amount of money?

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hmm... sounds like the lip of the hammer is getting caught between the blowback assembly, and the cylinder. This would happen if there wasn't a buffer near the recoil guide rod preventing the slide from traveling that far back.

If there wasn't some sort of recoil buffer that was in the gun before, that means the slide is traveling too far. Have you put in a 150% gas release valve? Using more gas to increase the fps will also increase recoil and therefore blow the slide back farther than it's supposed to travel.

If you have not modified your gun, used propane, or removed the orange safety markings, and it's still within the 45 days of your initial purchase, then you still are qualified for the warranty. If you are passed warranty, or voided it in any way, expect around $45 or so dollars for the repair.

#8 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

What do you mean by modified like in what way? Do u mean it?

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

By modify I mean, open up your gun, punch out pins, get into parts you really shouldn't be... replacing parts with other parts, and of course changing the color of your orange safety tip/ removing it completely. That's what I mean about modding. Sorry for not being precise.

#10 Dannyrypl

Dannyrypl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

The only thing to modify my gun was open it to clean it nothing like what u have described to me is tht ok?

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I would think if you're still within those 45 days, your warranty is still good. I'd recommend sending in your 226 to KWA for repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users