• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 drewroud

drewroud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I am not sure about whether I can post about ksc guns or not?

Anyways, recently I picked up an old pre system 7 / pre ns2 ksc usp model with two mags. The magazines leaked, so i sealed them with rtv silicone and I fixed the leaky fills, so there is no issues with the magazines.

Here is a quote from a discussion I had with a fellow tech.

The problem is that when you shoot the gun, the slide will just get stock about 1/4 of the way back. You need to manually push the slide forward for the bb to load. The slide does clear the hammer though.

Here is what I have done:
~polished rails
~applied white lithium grease
~filed hammer (this cleared a lot of friction on the bbh)
~polished bottom of the bbh

With just the slide and the frame (no barrel or spring), the only friction is the tiny amount from the hammer pressing on the bbh when cocked. This is a very small amount and when all of the slide components are in, the slide will clear the hamer on the way back.

I did an experiment, I took out the inner barrel from the outer, and with just the inner barrel missing, there is no friction. The kick is also very strong without the inner barrel.

I took out the bucking, tried it with 0 hop, and same thing. It seems like there is a large amount of friction between the inside of the bucking and the nozzle.

I thought it might be the recoil spring since it is kinda lot, and **** told me it was weak as well, so I added about 6 o rings to it to stiffen it up. That kind of helped, but not a lot.

Hypothesis?
1. Recoil spring to weak - not exactly sure since o rings stiffened it up
2. Tight bucking - maybe, the gun is old.
3. Weak hammer spring - Hammer doesn't hit the valve knocker hard enough, not enough kick. Not sure about this one as I shimmed one of the magazine rubbers and the same problem occurs.

I took the gun with me to a game yesterday just to test it out. With no bbs in the magazine, the gun works perfectly. When the magazines are loaded with bbs, all hell breaks loose. The gun will barely cycle, and will also double feed. My friend suggested that the most problem with kwa / ksc guns is swollen buckings.

Would this be the case? If yes, are ns2 buckings compatible with pre ns2 / system 7 ksc models?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi
Welcome to the KWA forums.
I would recommend changing to either a stiffer recoil spring, install a new release valve and/or get a new bucking since it could be swollen.
With that said I will have to close this thread because KSC is a product not supported by KWA USA. I hope my info helps. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users