• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I got my tokarev today.  I really dont like the way the barrel protrudes the tip of the gun.  Is there a safe way to cut it down?  Is there an after market metal barrel?  I want mine to look like the one from the kwa website.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi Shroomalistic, welcome to the forums. I'd recommend giving KWA a call to see if they have a barrel that barely protrudes past the bushing. Their number is 626-581-1777, they are open Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST, closed weekends and holidays.

If they don't carry said barrel, I'd take extreme caution when cutting this barrel to fit. I recommend not doing this modification at all. If you must do this mod, do so AFTER your 45 day warranty is up. If something goes wrong with the gun and you remove the orange tip and modify the barrel, you will void your perfectly good warranty.

After the 45 day warranty is up, like I said, take extreme caution when cutting the barrel. Be sure to remove the inner barrel and the hop up assembly. After, go at it. I don't think it is a wise choice though, as the barrel may crack and break...

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Shroomalistic,

I know you not using the exact words to describe the orange tip, but the only part that protrudes from the barrel is the orange tip.

The discussion of removing the orange tip is not allowed on the KWA forums, due to the same legal circumstances that require KWA to have orange tips on their aeg's and gbb's.

I hope you understand and are not offended that I will have to lock this thread, to prevent any further discussion.

-Greatwatermelon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Barrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users