Jump to content


I'm Stuck


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I want to increase my MP7's accuracy.  An FPS boost would also be very helpful.

BUT... I'm not sure what to do.  I found barrels with a tighter bore, but they are the same length.  I don't really want to go through the trouble of disassembling the MP7 to put in a barrel that isn't going to make a substantial difference.  I'm not looking forward to trying to put the trigger back in... Monkeying with the AEG trigger spring gave me enough trouble.  I can't find the Falcon 363mm barrel anywhere except ehobby and it's always out of stock there.

Then there is the 6mm Solutions/AG "power-up" supressor.  I feel like I should just buy it and see for myself, but I hear with the FPS increase comes an accuracy decrease with the break in the barrels and the concept does sound stupid.  But some people say it works great?  And then there are the people on the forum here who's MP7's it as broken...

So, what are my options? If I have any...

#2 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bridgewater
  • Country:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

i found that just keeping my barrel clean keeps my accuracy in line, but if your worried about putting your trigger together i will make a video showing you and easy way to do it,

#3 kwaispro727

kwaispro727

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Fishing, swimming, airsoft, real firearms, cars
  • Country:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 02 January 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

i found that just keeping my barrel clean keeps my accuracy in line, but if your worried about putting your trigger together i will make a video showing you and easy way to do it,
Thanks.  But I won't be having trigger problems unless a falcon barrel just magically appears in stock.  UNLESS... does anyone know where to get custom barrels made that would work in the MP7? :D

Edit:
**** it.  I'll be the "official" test dummy.  I have a few ideas on how to fix this supressor thing to work without any damage.  It's worth it lol.

Edited by kwaispro727, 02 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.


#4 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I took a cheap Guarder 6.02mm diameter 370mm length barrel meant for the KSC M4 (not KWA LM4) and modified it for the MP7. Requires some heavy mods though. Mainly the outer diameter is too large to go through MP7 outer barrel. I had a friend of a friend grind it down on a lathe to the right diameter.

It is still not cut quite right though. The notch on the side of the barrel that basically keeps the barrel in the gun is slightly different in the M4 cut. What this means for the gun is that the bucking is being pushed up tight against the outer barrel when I assemble it. The M4 barrel doesn't fit quite right. However, everything has been working fine so far and it appears to be holding up fine with no problems.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 05 January 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I took a cheap Guarder 6.02mm diameter 370mm length barrel meant for the KSC M4 (not KWA LM4) and modified it for the MP7. Requires some heavy mods though. Mainly the outer diameter is too large to go through MP7 outer barrel. I had a friend of a friend grind it down on a lathe to the right diameter.
What's the fps now? I've got guarder 6.02mm 500mm and 250mm tbbs for the KSC M4... does your friend take requests? lol

#6 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I don't have a chrono (although the bbs do go drastically faster) or the means to do an accuracy test yet. I haven't used it long enough to see how this off-spec barrel holds up. The bucking is really pushed up tight against the outer barrel so I am slightly concerned that could cause problems. If it holds up fine with no problems I would be willing to have barrels cut down for you guys as these Guarder barrels are cheap, relatively good quality, and available. It will be a while before I can report long term reliability and modify these though as my Chirstmas break has run out and I'm back at college. Still, nonetheless, I made the Guarder work and it is a decent seeming alternative to the non-existent Falcon barrel.

#7 drewroud

drewroud

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

If you have the tools, you could always modify an aeg barrel for a gbb. I have done several for my pistols and they work great.

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 05 January 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

I don't have a chrono (although the bbs do go drastically faster) or the means to do an accuracy test yet. I haven't used it long enough to see how this off-spec barrel holds up. The bucking is really pushed up tight against the outer barrel so I am slightly concerned that could cause problems. If it holds up fine with no problems I would be willing to have barrels cut down for you guys as these Guarder barrels are cheap, relatively good quality, and available. It will be a while before I can report long term reliability and modify these though as my Chirstmas break has run out and I'm back at college. Still, nonetheless, I made the Guarder work and it is a decent seeming alternative to the non-existent Falcon barrel.
Please keep me updated with the guarder barrel, either by posting, or pm. :)

#9 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 07 January 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Please keep me updated with the guarder barrel, either by posting, or pm. :)
I'll try. College is kicking the crap outta me and I've never been so wore out in my life so forgive me if I forget.

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 07 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'll try. College is kicking the crap outta me and I've never been so wore out in my life so forgive me if I forget.
No problem dude. I'm dealing with the application process right now, and it's already taking a toll on me.

#11 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 07 January 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

No problem dude. I'm dealing with the application process right now, and it's already taking a toll on me.
This isn't going to be related to KWA and probly should be PMed, but where you planning on going? I'm at Michigan State and I have to say that I am regretting it a lot.

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Pmed.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users