• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Botulism

Botulism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

New G36C running 9.6 NiMH. The gun misfires ~10-20 rounds using regular 0.20 AirSplat BBs and 0.23 Bioshot BBs with the stock magazine. Is this normal with a 9.6v battery?

I have also seen the BioShot BBs double feed and even explode out of the barrel. Aside from the stock answer of KWA brand BBs, is there a preferred brand? Many fields require bio now, any recommendations for bio?

Should I try mid-caps? Is this a feeding issue?

#2 Botulism

Botulism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Forgot some details. I have already removed and cleaned the barrel, hop, and bucking plus we are at the 8,000-10,000 round mark or so on BBs. Any break-in periods should be done. The child running the counter at AirSplat said misfires are normal for this rate of fire and that G36 hop-ups are particularly rough on BBs by design. I have played against many guns with higher rates that don't misfire and this is the 3rd G36 I've owned across as many manufacturers and this is the first one to detonate BBs.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Not sure if heavier BBs will help but KWA specifies 0.25gr BBs or heavier.  Maybe for this reason?  (Just guessing.)

Trying a different magazine will help too.  The magazine is the weak point in any gun.  Real or airsoft.

-- Chuck

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Try out G&G bio's.

BB's actually play a night and day difference in terms of feeding, especially when you are experiencing what you are now.

I do not believe a 9.6v should be giving you these problems of double feeds or BB's breaking in the barrel unless your something like your air nozzle/tappet plate is damaged.

It was only known in first generation of KWA G36C's that if a high discharge 11.1v lipo was used, that it could lead to double feeds, but was fixed by the time the KWA G36C 2GX's came out.

#5 Botulism

Botulism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just tried out some Bioval .25 biodegradables and they worked great! It also appears to be dependent on the magazine too. They favor the KWA magazine over whatever the off-the-shelf-magazines I have are.

#6 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

You can improve magazine compatibility by lightly beveling the inside of the mag receiver tube that contacts the magazine with a half inch countersink bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users