Stripped rear takedown pin/ 3rd party replacement?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heldure

Heldure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Recently tried to open my KWA CQR mod2 and managed to strip the pins after tightening them too hard. I can get them apart so I will be able to open the gun (need to check the hop up since it doesnt seem to work) but it will render the screws unusable.
I need a replacement, is there a list somewhere of compatible takedown pins? I dont want this style again and would much rather have a simple pin with a small o-ring on it.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

If you must you can always go to a local hobby store and get yourself some titanium screws.  Or just go to a hardware store.  It can be longer than your current pin screw.
Are you using the correct hex key (2.5mm)?  I have taken my gun apart over a thousand times and I have never stripped a body pin.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

What's stripped?

The Allen wrench socket?
The screw threads?
(New screw will fix either of these.)

The pin threads?

-- Chuck

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Forgot to add this!

If the problem is the stripped socket:

1.  Try a brand new Allen wrench.  They usually have sharper profiles and may engage tight enough.

2.  Use a "donor Allen wrench" and a drop of epoxy in the socket.  Let it sit overnight and unscrew the whole assembly.  Maybe try Super Glue if it's handy but don't get either all over the place.

-- Chuck

#5 FearedSaint

FearedSaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have the exact same problem, i just got my SR10, and the hop up wasnt working so i wanted to get into the gun to clean out the hop-up, but the allen bolts were so tight that i ended up stripping one of the bolts ((body pins) so im going to have to send it in to get fixed, both the body pin and hop-up, i still have the Warranty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users