#1 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hi all,

I bought a slightly used M9 PTP, that was originally bought maybe 3 or 4 years ago (if that changes anything in term of generations, but it is definitely a NS2 system)

When racking the slide, a BB is loaded in the Hopup unit, but there is also often a second one that gets loose somewhere in the gun -> when removing the mag, the second BB falls down, while the first one stays in the chamber.

I'd say it happens 8 times out of 10 approximately. This was tested using .4g BB Bastards (double polished) that are considered pretty much high grade. I couldn't test with lighter weight as it's all I got so far.

When firing (before noticing the problem), I didn't saw any real issues but maybe I was just lucky; I noticed that at least one BB got chopped at some point as the feeding ramp had some of the BB's material on it; Hopup rubber seems all fine;

Anyone have any kind of ideas or something?

Thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostMultipleParadox, on 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hi all,

I bought a slightly used M9 PTP, that was originally bought maybe 3 or 4 years ago (if that changes anything in term of generations, but it is definitely a NS2 system)

When racking the slide, a BB is loaded in the Hopup unit, but there is also often a second one that gets loose somewhere in the gun -> when removing the mag, the second BB falls down, while the first one stays in the chamber.

I'd say it happens 8 times out of 10 approximately. This was tested using .4g BB Bastards (double polished) that are considered pretty much high grade. I couldn't test with lighter weight as it's all I got so far.

When firing (before noticing the problem), I didn't saw any real issues but maybe I was just lucky; I noticed that at least one BB got chopped at some point as the feeding ramp had some of the BB's material on it; Hopup rubber seems all fine;

Anyone have any kind of ideas or something?

Thanks
Can you post a picture of the cylinder nozzle?  Also, might be a good idea to look at the mag feed lips...

#3 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Here's a few pics: https://www.box.com/m9PTP

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostMultipleParadox, on 01 January 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Here's a few pics: https://www.box.com/m9PTP
To me it appears that your BB feed ramp (attached to the inner barrel) is not aligned properly.  It looks too far left which would cause mis-feeding.  See pictures 6 and 7.  I bet if this was aligned the gun would be fine.

#5 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the input! Will have a look at that when Inget a chance (the gun is my father's and I'm not there anymore)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users