• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MisterMuffet

MisterMuffet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I removed the slide of my KWA ATP to oil the gun. When I put the slide back on and racked it, the slide stuck in the open position. I cannot move it at all. It is jammed tight, almost like something is physically locking it in place as opposed to friction.

I tried giving it a smack and nothing.

I tried pulling on the guide (found that reference in other posts), nothing.

Any advice to get it opened?

Thanks!

Edited by MisterMuffet, 01 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostMisterMuffet, on 31 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

I removed the slide of my KWA ATP to oil the gun. When I put the slide back on and racked it, the slide stuck in the open position. I cannot move it at all. It is jammed tight, almost like something is physically locking it in place as opposed to friction.

I tried giving it a smack and nothing.

I tried pulling on the guide (found that reference in other posts), nothing.

Any advice to get it opened?

Thanks!
It could be a few things.  Do you have a metal or plastic spring guide?  I have an older ATP that originally had the plastic spring guide.  It would sometimes come out of position and the gun would jam as you describe.  One time I actually broke the guide while trying to release the slide (FYI - If you have a plastic guide and this is why it's jammed, breaking the guide to get the slide loose is an option of last resort) Regardless, try pulling on the spring guide to re-seat it under the barrel.  This may take some effort and multiple tries on your part.  What you don't want to do is force the slide forward.  It will make the jam tighter.

Another thing to attempt is pushing down on the outer barrel, see here: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=6488

Be patient while attempting these, you will get it fixed.

Lastly, if you do have a plastic spring guide, go out and get a metal one!  Any KWA/KSC ATP or M17 guide will do.

#3 MisterMuffet

MisterMuffet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

So I got it working. I am shocked at how manipulating the spring guide helped once the slide was unjammed.

What I did was give it a GENTLE tap with a rubber mallet. Otherwise, that baby was not going anywhere. I am not advocating taking a hammer to your pistol, just saying that a gentle tap to tap (rubber mallet!) the slide back is what was required in my case.

Thanks for the advice.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostMisterMuffet, on 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

So I got it working. I am shocked at how manipulating the spring guide helped once the slide was unjammed.

What I did was give it a GENTLE tap with a rubber mallet. Otherwise, that baby was not going anywhere. I am not advocating taking a hammer to your pistol, just saying that a gentle tap to tap (rubber mallet!) the slide back is what was required in my case.

Thanks for the advice.
Glad it's fixed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, ATP, Slide, Stuck, Open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users