• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xav3ngedX

Xav3ngedX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

My KWA ATP spring guide fell apart and broke while I was cleaning it, can someone redirect me in buying a new one that won't void my warranty? I bought this gun recently and it seems like I got one of the old plastic spring guides not the metal ones. Would the Hurricane Recoil Spring Assembly For KSC/KWA M17 M18 M34 work in it with the normal stock internals?

http://www.amazon.co...17 Spring Guide

Edited by Xav3ngedX, 29 December 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yes, that  one will work fine.  However, if the gun is under warranty and purchased from an official KWA reseller, KWA will replace it so long as you haven't voided your warranty.

Also, I have merged this topic and deleted your double post.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Contact KWA.  If the gun is still under warranty they should provide a replacement.

-- Chuck

#4 Xav3ngedX

Xav3ngedX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postgcw360, on 29 December 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yes, that  one will work fine.  However, if the gun is under warranty and purchased from an official KWA reseller, KWA will replace it so long as you haven't voided your warranty.

Also, I have merged this topic and deleted your double post.
Would I need to add a high flow valve to my gun because of the stronger spring?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostXav3ngedX, on 29 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Would I need to add a high flow valve to my gun because of the stronger spring?
You shouldn't need to.  However, if you have recoil issues once installed you can disassemble it and use the KWA spring from the original guide.  Note: Heavier recoil springs are more apt to give you cycling issues in the cold weather...not so much when it's warm outside.

#6 Xav3ngedX

Xav3ngedX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Postgcw360, on 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

You shouldn't need to.  However, if you have recoil issues once installed you can disassemble it and use the KWA spring from the original guide.  Note: Heavier recoil springs are more apt to give you cycling issues in the cold weather...not so much when it's warm outside.
Sorry I'm kinda new to this, but how would I switch out the springs from the guides. Thanks again!

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Switching the spring is easy.  The plastic guide is already broken so you have that spring in hand....right?  If it wasn't you would push out the small pin that retains the end of the spring guide. See here for parts diagram: http://store.kwausa....5960616411.aspx

Now, on the Hurricane spring guide my guess is that the brass end, see your original link, unscrews.  This allows you to disassemble and swap springs.

So, start with the Hurricane guide, if it doesn't function correctly swap the springs.

#8 Xav3ngedX

Xav3ngedX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postgcw360, on 29 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Switching the spring is easy.  The plastic guide is already broken so you have that spring in hand....right?  If it wasn't you would push out the small pin that retains the end of the spring guide. See here for parts diagram: http://store.kwausa....5960616411.aspx

Now, on the Hurricane spring guide my guess is that the brass end, see your original link, unscrews.  This allows you to disassemble and swap springs.

So, start with the Hurricane guide, if it doesn't function correctly swap the springs.
Thank you so much! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users