• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 blacksabbath

blacksabbath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hello I have just purchased a kmp9 and have run into a problem. I have been using propane (I know about the warranty and I clean it regularly) and the AI metal propane adapter. After 2 days the mags would spurt out propane everywhere when I'm filling them but they still take in gas and shoot. Once examining the mags I noticed that the hole in the fill valves was misshapen and one of the o rings on the outside was loose. Could buying new fill valves solve my problem and is the metal adapter an issue as well? Thank you in advance.

Edited by blacksabbath, 29 December 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

The gas canister nozzle can cut the fill sealing O-rings.

Hard to say if your propane adapter is causing problems but I can tell ya I've not had this problem using Green Gas.  :)

The O-rings are a problem in ALL gas guns.  When they fail you get gas spewing during loading.  I've been replacing my failed -- amd missing -- rings with the red Moon Dog rings.  We shouldn't have to use aftermarket rings but they work much better in my gas guns.  Just accept this and buy a pack (get two if you're paying for shipping).

-- Chuck

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Some metal propane adapters have been known to cause damage to fill valaves. If you insist on using propane I suggest buying an airsoft innovations plastic propane adapter.

#4 blacksabbath

blacksabbath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the help :). I was wondering, since the o ring holds in the gas, could there be a permanent fix like Teflon tape so we don't have to buy replacement o rings so often?

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postblacksabbath, on 02 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the help :). I was wondering, since the o ring holds in the gas, could there be a permanent fix like Teflon tape so we don't have to buy replacement o rings so often?
There are many spots on the mag where gas could leak from, it's not necessarily the fill valve o ring all the time. Just make sure all the rubber seals are properly lubricated to ensure a tight seal.

#6 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postblacksabbath, on 02 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

You can try to keep the o-rings on the outside of the fill valve moist with silicon oil to keep them in place.  Also, Niko's suggestion of using a plastic propane adapter might be easier on the o-rings and cause less damage than metal ones.  I just take an extra second to examine the o-ring and watch as I fill my mags.  That and I have a bunch of extra rings just in case.  O-rings are cheap.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

I was referring to the external O-rings, the ones you see around in the bottom of the fill cavity around the little hollow post.  If they ain't there you'll get major spewing and no fill.  Several of mine have disappeared.  Which is interesting as it's almost impossible to remove them.  They just vanish.

-- Chuck

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

When o rings go missing, it's the "general consensus" that the o ring cracked, tore, or was cut in some way, that when the propellant canister's nozzle impacts the fill valve, the gas doesn't go in and thrusts the o ring out of the valve. I've seen it happen way too many times. :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users