4 replies to this topic

#1 henryED86

henryED86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

My KWA ATP is only shooting 3 or 4 bbs before the green gas is gone. I´ve already used other magazines and the problem has persisted. I have lubed the gun with silicon oil so that's not the problem either.

#2 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

How do you know you are filling it up? You can weigh the gas in the mag if you have a gram scale. If gas is coming out at the fill interface when you fill it you are doing it wrong. Put some oil where you fill it. Put the gas can in your pocket to warm it before putting the gas in the mag. Keep the mag cool (fridge) and the fill can warm and pour the liquid gas into the mag.

I can refill my ATP mags with bb's five times with each gas refill. Check my posts for the weights of the gas in the 23 and 50 round mags.

Hold the mag under water after you fill it and see if it is leaking gas.

If this is your first GBB the problem is most likely operator related.

Peace

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

I charge my M9-PTP mags for 45 seconds.  Probably full at 20 seconds but ya can't overcharge then, they only hold so much liquid.  The ATP will be similar.

The lil' O-ring sealing the gas can to the magazine is a weak point.  If gas comes out when filling the O-ring is bad or you are not square with the valve.

-- Chuck

#4 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

most likely a leaky mag, i let a few atp mags sit for a couple months and they were all leaky and need to valves.. contact kwa and they will help you with that,
to check, i dont condone holding the mag under water, (sorry philsaudio) but if you just take some soapy water dab it onto the seal, if the mag is leaking it will begin to bubble the soap

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 29 December 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

most likely a leaky mag, i let a few atp mags sit for a couple months and they were all leaky and need to valves.. contact kwa and they will help you with that,
to check, i dont condone holding the mag under water, (sorry philsaudio) but if you just take some soapy water dab it onto the seal, if the mag is leaking it will begin to bubble the soap
Holding the mags under water is fine as long as you dry the BB follower spring.  Soapy water works well too.  My guess is that your gas can is close to empty. GG and Propane tanks can feel like they have gas in them but there comes a time when there isn't enough pressure to fill your mag to maximum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users