Slide Stop Replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kingensai

kingensai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Gaming of all types (P&P, Tabletop, Video, etc), Shooting, Baking, and other random stuff.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

My 1911 Mk1's slide stop is non functional, so I need a replacement.

Since the pro shop seems to be all out of this part, I'm wondering if the slide stop can be replaced with an actual 1911 slide stop and still function. I, for one, would be much more comfortable with this part being steel rather then... whatever it is.

If this isn't possible, then I would like to know where I can acquire a replacement.

Edited by kingensai, 27 December 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi kingensai welcome to the forums. Question, can you lock your slide back manually? Or does it not lock back at all? If it doesn't lock back at all you will need a need slide stop, which you can call KWA up and order the part over the phone. Sometimes KWA's online pro shop isn't always updated to have all the parts.

If you can lock the slide manually, then it would be the bb follower in the mag that needs replacing. But I'm guessing you need a new slide stop.

KWA's number is 626-581-1777, they are open Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST and closed on weekends and holidays.  Good luck getting that part.

#3 kingensai

kingensai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Gaming of all types (P&P, Tabletop, Video, etc), Shooting, Baking, and other random stuff.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

The mag follower is most likely the culprit, as upon inspection I found a small silver spot where I suppose a nub was supposed to be.

If KWA has the part available, then I assume I'll be golden (just have to avoid making the same mistake again). If it's not available, are there no other options available to me?

Since I'm using this pistol as a training platform to maintain my motor skills out of the range, losing the slide lock on last round is a pretty big deal to me, and I'd prefer to have this resolved ASAP.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

If you want to take a picture of the bb follower and upload it so we can verify that it is the culprit, by all means... If we know it's the bb follower for sure, you don't have to spend extra money on the slide lock lever.

If it is a problem with the slide stop lever itself, there isn't any other alternative. I wouldn't trust a real steel slide stop in the MK series airsoft guns for three reasons. 1, it may or may not fit. 2, If it does fit, the bb follower couldn't push the slide stop lever up as they are made for two different ways of locking the slide... as you know there is more surface area on a real magazine follower that actuates the slide stop, versus the airsoft magazine follower... two totally different systems. And three: even if they were compatible, the metal would most likely be too strong for the aluminum alloy slide, causing a deformation of the notch in the slide where the slide stop lever hits.

So, there are no other alternatives that I know of that could fix this issue besides fixing the bb follower, or replacing the slide stop lever.

#5 kingensai

kingensai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'm sorry... I got the terminology wrong. I said mag follower when I meant the nub on the slide lock where the incline is supposed to be. The magazine itself is fully functional, as there is no deformation on that.

Seems there is no short cut then, I'll just have to wait for a replacement part. Thanks for answering my questions dude.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

No problem. Yeah on the side of the bb follower that little nub is what pushes the slide lock lever up. If it is burred or slanted, or the metal is deformed on that nub to the side, then that would be what's causing the slide not to lock back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users