• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I recently purchased a KWA MP7 and when I put the mag into the handle, it shakes around in the handle, is that normal? If not what should I do to fix this?

P.S. It does feed.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Both my MP7A1 40-round magazines are very tight in the mag well.  So tight they were initially "difficult" to insert/remove.

-- Chuck

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

I recently purchased a KWA MP7 and when I put the mag into the handle, it shakes around in the handle, is that normal? If not what should I do to fix this?

P.S. It does feed.
Welcome to the Forums.  As Chuck stated, the mags are typically snug in the magwell though a little movement is normal.  Is this a new gun?

#4 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yes, this is a brand spaniking new gun, I'm taking it to a CQB field place near my area today, This will be the first time I have taken it to a game.  It has a Danger Werx valve installed.

#5 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostChuck S, on 27 December 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Both my MP7A1 40-round magazines are very tight in the mag well.  So tight they were initially "difficult" to insert/remove.

-- Chuck
Mine are very easy to remove.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Mine are very easy to remove.
If the gun is working and the mags aren't dropping out you are probably fine.  Without having the gun in hand it is difficult to say if the movement you are experiencing is normal or not.  Like I said about mine, there is some movement, but not enough for me to be troubled by.  One thing I have seen some people do on mags is try a bit of electrician's black tape to make a snugger fit.  I am not personally a fan because to me it's something that can get caught somewhere it shouldn't.  So, while I am not recommending it, it is something you can consider.

I'm curious, who put in the DWFV?

#7 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postgcw360, on 27 December 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

If the gun is working and the mags aren't dropping out you are probably fine.  Without having the gun in hand it is difficult to say if the movement you are experiencing is normal or not.  Like I said about mine, there is some movement, but not enough for me to be troubled by.  One thing I have seen some people do on mags is try a bit of electrician's black tape to make a snugger fit.  I am not personally a fan because to me it's something that can get caught somewhere it shouldn't.  So, while I am not recommending it, it is something you can consider.

I'm curious, who put in the DWFV?
Well its not like a terrible shake, and the mag stays in and it feeds, etc. I could take a video if you wanted.
And I have a local shop called Airsoft Extreme, and the installed the DWFV.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Well its not like a terrible shake, and the mag stays in and it feeds, etc. I could take a video if you wanted.
And I have a local shop called Airsoft Extreme, and the installed the DWFV.
It's probably normal.  Go play and light up some "bad guys".

#9 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postgcw360, on 27 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

It's probably normal.  Go play and light up some "bad guys".
Can't wait for this, I'm just hoping that the DWFV, will drop it under 350.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Can't wait for this, I'm just hoping that the DWFV, will drop it under 350.
What was it to begin with?  The DWFV should do the trick for you...

#11 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postgcw360, on 27 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

What was it to begin with?  The DWFV should do the trick for you...
It was the one that comes stock, I don't know what it was called, but I would explain it to look like a Phillips head screw driver

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

It was the one that comes stock, I don't know what it was called, but I would explain it to look like a Phillips head screw driver
Actually, what was the FPS to begin with, before the DWFV?

#13 Fuji

Fuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postgcw360, on 27 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Actually, what was the FPS to begin with, before the DWFV?
Just got done with my CQB game, and man did that MP7 work like a charm! I love it!
They didn't even chrono, because I told them I had the DWFV, and it was really cold. My friend that also newly owns an MP7 had the same magazine shake problen he told me that it was normal. I also picked up a magazine from the CQB field tech, for $35 its in outstanding condition. I only picked it up because the KWA ProShop is out, and every other shop is out I know of.

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostFuji, on 27 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Just got done with my CQB game, and man did that MP7 work like a charm! I love it!
They didn't even chrono, because I told them I had the DWFV, and it was really cold. My friend that also newly owns an MP7 had the same magazine shake problen he told me that it was normal. I also picked up a magazine from the CQB field tech, for $35 its in outstanding condition. I only picked it up because the KWA ProShop is out, and every other shop is out I know of.
Glad everyting is working well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users