• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shizion

Shizion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

I purchased and loved this gun. I have had the mag leaking problem, but seeing the posts I have a better idea of how to fix that. However, that is not my question. I am having a hard time decerning witch pistol I have. As a product number it is listed as "KP8-45" and the box saying "KP8 compact." I have looked at bolth of the parts breakdowns, and the pistol and mechanisims apprear to be that of an KP8. However, the mag apprears to be that of a KP 45.

The reasoning that I need to know that information is that I lost the small pin on the outside of the slide, it is illistrated as part number 3 on the kp8 parts breakdown. But when I discovered I wasent sure of witch pistol I have.

Looking through the shop I found the slide and pin as a package deal. It would be nice to have a spare slide (however I do not forsee it breaking its just nice to have a spare) but the KP45 parts has a similar slide with the same pin included with it.

I was wondering if there was a decerning factor in telling witch one was witch. Thank you for any replys you will have in advance. If the need arises I can provide pictures of the box with the product number on it.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

KP45 is big, has a spurred hammer, and the magazine has a "45" marked on it.  Box will have a small "KP8-45" sticker on it.

KP8 is small, has a docked hammer(you cant cock it with your finger), and the gun comes two different magazine plates

#3 Shizion

Shizion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

Thank you kindly. Now I can order the peice that I need to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users