• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostIcurblud, on 18 July 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I will install and check the fps.  I know I polished the flute valve in my son mp9 CQB bolt.  Originally it was like 320ish, so with a little polishing of the flute valve with fine wet sandpaper I am now getting 340-350fps.
Yea, if you take a little bit off the flat face of the valve it might just do the trick.

#42 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Well there you go.  Danger works flute valve installed.  Chronoing using .2's I am getting 290-300 fps.  That's 100 fps lower than stock.  So I started with a fine file and then a polish with wet sandpaper on the valve and I am up to 320-330 fps.   On more round of smoothing and I should be closer to 350.

---------------------------------------------

Ok, little more tooling on the valve and i am getting 340fps with .2 and 80 degree temps.  I am going to leave it there.

Edited by Icurblud, 24 July 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#43 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Pictures of the finished, or in process, valve would be appreciated.

#44 Capt.Squishy

Capt.Squishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Milsim, Tae Kwon do, 4X4's and fire arms...

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yes please I agree, I would love to see the finished product on that polished flute valve..

#45 Norm Grant

Norm Grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

So I decided to get the danger werx valve x 4 also 4 replacement stock valves just in case...
My idea was  to dremmel a little @ a time off the valve. Hence makin  it lighter. It took me 2 stock valves to fine tune it, but I got my vector shooting consistently 320-327 with 28s well within my fields limits of 330 w/28s.

Luckily I came across an ra-tech npas made for the VECTOR. As I ordered it along with an ra-tech evo 2 hop up and tight bore barrel for the VECTOR, I was  happy to find that it was the last npas valve  for the VECTOR.

I have  the link here..hopefully this will help those who need it.
http://tigertactical...tor-p-3290.html

I also have an mp7 and an mp, an  it seem  to me that all the valves will work with each other. I have not seen any noticeable differences in performance across these platforms. The danger werx valve is now labeled as for the mp9, mp7, and kriss. Yup..one valve to rule them all

#46 CellusNZ

CellusNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'm glad I found this thread! It was very helpful.

I decided to get the NPAS and installed it in my Kriss. I did a review and performance test of it.

The FPS was lower than I hoped for, but in the end it still performs excellently so I'm very happy.

Edited by CellusNZ, 03 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#47 Genghis

Genghis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Backyard airsoft, MILSIM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 24 December 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Cut 1-2 coils off the rocket valve spring..now itll be cqb ready. To get to the spring remove the bolt by following the instructions in the manual for disassembly. Remove roll pins part #518 and both #516......... Cut 1-2 coils off part #118. Then reassemble and chrono. It should bring you down to 350fps or slightly below.

( o Y o )

Great explanation this sounds like a really good idea for cheaply lowering fps. I'm just wondering, I have all stock parts in my Vector and I want to try this, can I do the whole procedure with the stock jet valve spring (part 118) and not the rocket valve spring?    Don't wanna try this and find myself shooting 250 fps or something so better safe than sorry

#48 CellusNZ

CellusNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hey guys,

I started using propane in my Kriss to get a little extra FPS out of it. I get about a 20FPS boost which puts it at about 320FPS (on a reasonable summers day in New Zealand). I did a quick comparisons video if your interested.

#49 cakeyjakeey

cakeyjakeey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

I've bought the danger werx flute valve, but my main concern is that there is no gude on how to install this part. the one previously written on 6mm magazine isnt accessible for me due to the site no longer existing or not available in my country (UK) can anyone help? please!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kriss Vector Cqb, vector, cqb, fps reducer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users