• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jerico556

Jerico556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Did KWA lose its licencing rights to the HK trade mark/guns ?

#2 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Not that I've heard.  Why do you think that?
There was a report that effective January 1 the availability of unlicensed H&K guns will cease or be hard to find.  I've noticed Evike amd ASGI have greatly reduced the price of many of these guns.   Probably want to sell them while they can.

Edited by bid2630, 23 December 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#3 BB Slinger

BB Slinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Disassembling and Reassembling. I like to tinker with things and gbb's will be taking up a lot of my time in the future...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

I read that too. They were blowing out G series airsoft rifles. I wish Umarex/KWA could develop a 416 platform. Don't get me wrong, I'm digging my VFC HK GBB, but the one thing I love about KWA is this forum. If there is any problem or I have a question I just come here for the answers... Can't get that with VFC.

Attached Files

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Trademark laws vary in different parts of the world.  KWA has no rights to the HK trademarks anywhere I'm aware of.  Umarex has the license for many (all?) HK products.

KWA manufactures the MP7A1 for Umarex but there are no KWA markings on the gun, only the box and the manual here on line.  The manual that comes with the MP7A1 does not mention KWA and there's just a small notation "Manufactured by KWA" on the box my MP7A1 came in.

Umarex markets an airsoft HK416 GBB but I've no clue who makes it.

The HK416 is, of course, just another M4 Carbine.  :)

-- Chuck

#5 Jerico556

Jerico556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

A guy told me that HK (umarex) took the licecing rights away from KWA and gave them to VFC but that doesn't make alot of sense to me one of the guys that bullshits alot told me that so i don't know if its true

#6 BB Slinger

BB Slinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Disassembling and Reassembling. I like to tinker with things and gbb's will be taking up a lot of my time in the future...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

HK416 is just another M4 Carbine?? Learn somthing new everyday :)

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I have heard no news about KWA no longer having rights to HK trades on specific models and fully expect these to continue to be available trademarked.

There are other manufactures that have been producing non-trademarked HK models that will no longer do so after January 1st.  This is what the industry has been reacting to.

HK has a very broad line of models and Umarex can easily give the permission to various manufactures for specific models.  Hence the VFC 416 and KWA MP7.

#8 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Also the fact that there's 3+ cheapy and licensed AEG HK416s available. I doubt Umarex would take away the licensing from KWA.

#9 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yep, the HK416 is just another M4 Carbine looking for a market.  :)

So is the LWRC M6-series.  Etc.  Etc.  None of these offer more than minor product improvements on an otherwise highly reliable system.  A piston-system M4's main advantage is it's easier to clean.  After that the benefits list gets practically silent.  Finding spare parts for HK proprietary systems is very difficult.

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HK, KWA, Licensing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users