• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 a_flores7

a_flores7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I just got this gun on Tuesday and I "fired" it for the first time on Wednesday, the first time I pulled the trigger, it just dumped the gas completely empty and didn't shoot a single bb. Now when I fire it it shoots about halfway through, then dumps the gas. Is this a magazine problem or a problem with the gun itself. I already thoroughly cleaned it and lubed it multiple times. I'm so disappointed, I was looking forward to using this gun in a game tomorrow.

#2 abcanada

abcanada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Im having the same problem with my brand new m11a1 ns2. Mag dumps only empty half the BB's.
i lubed it everywhere properly and all 3 mag dont finish. Anyone?

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

What type of gas are you using and how long are you filling the mag for?

#4 abcanada

abcanada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Green gas. For about 10-20 sec. I lubed it now and i can sometimes empty a mag holding just 40 BB's. semi auto can shoot about 70 shots, full auto using small bursts can finish 1 mag and a mag dump with 50 BB's would stop half way or a little more.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postabcanada, on 16 December 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Green gas. For about 10-20 sec. I lubed it now and i can sometimes empty a mag holding just 40 BB's. semi auto can shoot about 70 shots, full auto using small bursts can finish 1 mag and a mag dump with 50 BB's would stop half way or a little more.
That helps....20 seconds is the minimum fill time IMO.  30 seconds is better.  Also, make sure the GG can is new, not almost empty.  Duh, I know I stated the obvious but sometimes it's hard to tell.  So go get a new can if in doubt.  And the temperature in Canada is what while you are doing this?  If you can get 70 semi-auto shots while waiting a few seconds in between it sounds like things might be okay.  Gas efficiency isn't good below 65 degrees AKA 18.33 degrees Celsius. Therefore, a full-auto dump will chill the mag and then you can run into the issues you are describing....We can't all live in sunny Southern California unfortunately!!!

#6 abcanada

abcanada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yes its very cold outside lol, but i shoot at room tempature in my house in a bb trap. I jus wish it was more obvious, at least i can buy parts from here if anything happens.

#7 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hi,
   I am new to Airsoft and by no means an expert. I am just learning to work on my Mac and your problems sound a lot like some that I was having.
   Complete gas dumps with no shot, weak shots that didn't even clear the hop up bucking.
   Long story short I found that my seals were dry. #125 Jet Nozzle / Plunger and the Main Seal #130.
   I lubed these up and everything was right with the world.
   I use propane and these seals seem to dry out kind of fast.
   instead of opening the gun up just to do a quick lube on the seals I just shoot a quick blast of spray silicone down the nozzle and so far that has worked everytime.
   I also use a special magazine saver gasket oil on all my seals and magazines that seems to be pretty good stuff.
   I just got a new WE M16A1 that the magazine leaked so bad out of the box you could hear it hiss. 2 drops of magazine oil and it holds a good solid 2 magazine plus charge now.
   I have NEVER got the 2 and 1/2 magazines from one fill (even shooting all semi auto) that I always heard of before I got my gun.
   When I fill my magazines I hold the can against my ear and I can hear when the magazine is full. I takes longer than 20 seconds though I have never timed it.
   Even on a 70 degree or hotter day it is hard to get a full clean solid magazine dump in one burst.
   As I said I am new at all this but this is what has worked for me in a simular situation.
   I'll be interested to see if this helps.
   Love my Mac, wouldn't trade it for the world.

Attached Files

• Attached File  27.jpg   127.27K   8 downloads

Edited by Keith, 21 December 2012 - 06:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users