• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

OK so I wanted to know if King Arms Softair Gas is ok to use in the MARK III 1911 PTP?

http://www.airsoftme...T-Approved.aspx

#2 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Yes.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Better price:

http://www.pyramydai..._8_oz_12ct/3633

-- Chuck

#4 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Cool thanks bid and chuck..is there any other brands that you would recommend that would be better thats if there are any? Thanks again

#5 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Most (if not all) green gas is the same, most people try to stay away from Green gas cans with the removable nozzle.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postaaps59, on 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Most (if not all) green gas is the same, most people try to stay away from Green gas cans with the removable nozzle.
Ditto on both points!

#7 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

ok cool. thanks again for the help. So much to learn and know..

#8 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I think this is all private labelled by the same OEM.  At the least the two different "brands" I've had were the same can under the plastic label.  Buy it by price -- and case lots seem the most economical with the hazmat shipping fee.

-- Chuck

#9 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Agree with Chuck and aaps.

#10 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

The first link I sent was the only picture of the can that I was given to buy at EVIKE that I could find. I am sort of up on my guard with the sales people at  EVIKE now since they told me to buy silicone for my AEG and sold me a can but come to find out that silicone is not good  for AEG's so for now on Ill ask on here first before I buy a product..But I used this gas the other day and it worked fine.

But after doing some looking If you play alot yeah I think a case would be more wallet friendly. But like me who maybe plays 2-3 time a month one or two cans at a time might be better..

#11 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

First, silicone oil is useful for general maintenance on both AEGs and GBBs so don't be too harsh on the Evike salesperson.  

As for how many cans you get, that can depend upon how often you play, how much you use and what your financial situation is.  A few weeks ago I got a case of green gas from AEX since it was on sale ($8/can).  Also having a stash of gas can be good since stores sometimes don't have any when you need it.

#12 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

If you have a local source (I don't) buying as needed makes some sense, but shipping has a hazmat fee per package, not per can, so the price of one or two cans is artificially high.  The stuff somes "adult signature required -- hazardous."  My wife thought it was nuclear warheads or something and put it in the backyard away from the house!  :)

-- Chuck

#13 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sorry bid2630 post came off more harsh then meant to about Evike. I do like them they are helpfull people. Just was trying to say that after watching videos posted on these forums and asking around about when and where to use silicone on my AEG I was told to never use it. I am very very green to the airsoft world. This is my first AEG and GBB pistol that I have ever owned and I am very very perticuler on how I maitain my weapons/toy's. They are very expensive and I want them to last and function like they are meant to. So I guess I am sill on the fence of when, what and how to use silicone since I ve got a wide range of answers to this age old question..Again I am sorry to have come off harsh or bashing. was not my intent. I value everyones opion especially when I am new to something as Airsoft.. Thank you all for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users