4 replies to this topic

#1 tiger9502

tiger9502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi all,

I decided to order a real trigger for TT-33 to replace KWA's safety trigger (why KWA, why).

I wonder if anyone knows how to take the handgrip off the gun.  The center of the star is probably the screw but it is flat and doesn't allow the use of a screw driver.  What do I do to take it off?

Tiger

#2 tiger9502

tiger9502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

O I figured it out, I saw a picture of the back of the grip then I realized I only have to rotate that bar.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Awesome, self resolved.
When you finish the mod, let us know how it went, and upload a pic.

#4 tiger9502

tiger9502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

the real trigger will arrive in about a week.  I watched some instruction videos and i think I am supposed to put it through the opening where the grip is and slide it into place.  However I have problem taking the KWA trigger off this way.  The frame gets in the way and doesn't let me pull it down to the grip holes.  Instead I think I will have to knock off the pin and take the trigger apart.  Now I am thinking how I could put the real one in... do I have to sand away bits of the frame?  Can someone who has done this give me some info?

#5 walther38

walther38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

In TTs as in M1911 to remove the trigger you have to remove the magazine catch first. Than the hammer mechanism upward.
If you will replace KWA trigger for the real one you will have to do some Dremel work on the trigger or on the frame. There is a little protrusion in the trigger window in the frame that should act as a safety but it will block the movement of original trigger.
trigger modif1.jpg
trigger modif2.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TT-33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users