• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tk1221

tk1221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi my name is tyler kim. and I purchased the KWA m1911 at december 8th.
and yesterday, i was curious how the gun will operate if i hold the slide and not let it blowback.
and then, the gun started to make a really small hiss and did not fire anymore.
and then, when i insert the gas(i used propane even im not suppose to) and it doesn't make any sound.
sometime it makes a hissing sound and the gas o-ring (for releasing gas) is hard which means the gas is in.
and when i actually fire it, i hear a really small hissing sound and then there is no more gas left in the magazine.
so is something wrong? if yes, how do i fix it? will it cost anything to fix it?
please reply.
Thanks
---tk1221---

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

tk, you shouldn't be holding the gun's slide when you pull the trigger. It's not safe for you, nor for the gun. The gun is fired with the impact pin is sticking out of the frame. For the gun to be fired, the pin has to stick out, and in order for the pin to stick out, the gun needs to cycle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you pull the hammer down after you tried to fire it the first time? Without recocking the gun (it does it by itself during blowback) the pin to hit the gas release valve doesn't pop up, thus preventing your gun from being fired again.

So in short, cock the gun and make sure the pin underneath the hammer and below the fake firing pin is sticking out when you've loaded the gun with gas and bbs.

Looks like you are experiencing a leak. Where is the hissing sound coming from? If from the bottom of the magazine, I'd say to add a drop of pure silicon oil onto the valve and give it a good tighten. If the leak comes from the base, you may need a new magazine base seal, or just that the part needs lubrication to ensure a tight fit. Let us know where the hissing sound is coming from so we can further diagnose the problem.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Posttk1221, on 10 December 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hi my name is tyler kim. and I purchased the KWA m1911 at december 8th.
and yesterday, i was curious how the gun will operate if i hold the slide and not let it blowback.
and then, the gun started to make a really small hiss and did not fire anymore.
and then, when i insert the gas(i used propane even im not suppose to) and it doesn't make any sound.
sometime it makes a hissing sound and the gas o-ring (for releasing gas) is hard which means the gas is in.
and when i actually fire it, i hear a really small hissing sound and then there is no more gas left in the magazine.
so is something wrong? if yes, how do i fix it? will it cost anything to fix it?
please reply.
Thanks
---tk1221---
Your best bet is to either call or send the gun in.  I spoke with one of the techs at KWA about your situation and it may be that the internal safety is now "engaged" and you can't just switch that off from the outside.  If that is the issue, it requires some significant disassembly and repair.

To send the gun in go to the Help Desk at the top right side of the page.  If, as I suspect, you are outside the US then you are best off calling directly.  Call Monday - Friday 8:30-5:30 Pacific Standard Time (closed on weekends and holidays) at 00 1 626 581 1777.  Ask for tech support.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users