Shooting problem... gas leak after first shot. video included showing the problem

shooting gas leak atp slide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bull

bull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hey guys,

I was recently introduced a shooting problem with my ATP  right before the problem occurred the slide was stuck on the frame. needless to say, it must be related to that problem. I would describe the issue, but i decided to make a video to make things easier.

Follow the link as the video is "unlisted" on YouTube.

https://www.youtube....h?v=A5uWfoIFl6c

Thank you very much.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

You say this is recent, how many rounds have you put through the gun?  How was the slide stuck?  Did it require much to remove/dislodge or was it just "hung up" on the rails and simply pushing manually returned it to battery?  It could be a simple fix that comes from cleaning and lubing the gun. Try lubricating the hammer assembly and cleaning and lubing the slide and rails.  Can you do a short video showing the inside of the gun?  If it's dry in there I'll be it's your issue.  If not....it may need more substantial help.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

The gun isn't recoiling far enough to engage the disconnector and whatever part presses the gas release valve hasn't retracted and locked.  "Something" in the slide or frame.  :)  Maybe.  If the magazine has very little gas it will easily do this.  Fully charged?  Charge for a full minute to be sure.  You can't overcharge the magazine.

I'd send it to KWA and get it fixed right.

-- Chuck

#4 -wigs-

-wigs-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

that looks like you could have a broken valve knocker or " firing pin"
the exact same thing happened with my tm glock.
if your ok with breaking down the whole gun take out the whole hammer assembly and you should see the valve knocker.

if you rack the gun empty and look into the mag well is the little square still portruding into the magwell?
thats the valve knocker and when they break they wonmt got back far enough and keep constant pressure on the release valve causing what you have there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shooting, gas, leak, atp, slide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users