2 replies to this topic

#1 steelfallenangel

steelfallenangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Alright, I found a thread about this part from about a year ago but they never followed up on it. It does appear that the KWA slide is not the exact same dimensions as the WE one.

The part is large enough to fit around the outer barrel but is just a very small amount too big to fit in the slide (talking about less than a milimeter or something).

My conundrum is whether I should try to lathe down the compenstors outer shell to try and fit or if its a better to try and carve out just a little of the slide.

Any advice guys? Which btw I'm not planning on doing this personally but taking it to someone who has alot more experience with a machine shop, I just want to have a plan before I go there.

Gun in question if anyones needs to know is a KWA Mk2 1911.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Even if you are able to custom fit the slide, will the internals in the slide work with the lower?  Just wondering myself.

#3 steelfallenangel

steelfallenangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

I've decided that trying to fit the slide to the compensator instead of the other way around is not the safe way to go.. I'm going to instead custom fit the compensator to to slide instead of trying to fit the slide to the compensator.

This means shaving off the smallest amount of the outer circle that the compensator uses to sit inside the slide.

This way even if I or my tech messes up its only gonna cost me the 20 or so for the punisher piece. Instead of having to replace a Mk2 slide.

To more directly answer your question, it would appear to work ok. The person I'm taking it to did something similiar with the Hitman style one and had no issues after it was correctly sized to the slide.

The outer dimension seem to be a match it was more the inner dimensions that were slightly out of sync.So if installed correctly will be able to fit inside the lower frame when the slide shoots back. The additional weight may however cause the slide to not lock when the magazine is empty but that's something I won't be able to know till I use it.

Edited by steelfallenangel, 09 December 2012 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users