• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I've owned the older M11A1 for several years, and two years ago I bought my NS2.

Since then I added an extended TBB and mock suppressor to protect it and I got an extra magazine. It's sniper-accurate with an opening FPS of ~450. The problem I have with this new NS2 is that it is supposed to be more gas-efficient than the older version, right? Well, with my old M11A1, I can get about 2 full mags off of one charge. With the NS2 version, I am lucky to get one mag empty before it craps out.

Any ideas why I'm having this problem?

Thank you

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

How long are you charging your magazines for?

#3 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I am using propane with lubricant and charging them until they "spit." Which is basically when pressure equalizes between bottle and magazine so trying to fill further causes gas to discharge from around the fill nozzle.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

My magazines only "spit" when the seal o-rings go bad.

I'd think your mags would hold about the same amount of gas my MP7A1 mags hold.  I charge them for 45 seconds.  And they don't "spit."  :)  Two or three mag loads before they need more gas.

-- Chuck

#5 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

All of my M11A1 mags do that.

45 seconds? Takes about 10 seconds for me per charge.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I agree with Chuck. The magazines hold a lot more gas than you'd think. Try charging for 45 seconds like Chuck said and see if that makes a difference.

Just curious, Where did you find an extended tight bore barrel for the M11?

Edited by Outlaw1995, 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#7 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.airsoft-b...288mm-tighbore/

And I don't believe they carry it anymore, but it was in KWA's Proshop.

After about 10 seconds on filling from dead empty, liquid propane will start to come out from the filling area. To be more specific, it does not leak. Once I stop applying pressure to fill the magazine, no more gas escapes. It just reaches it's capacity and won't accept any more gas, so any attempts to fill it result in the gas escaping into the air (what I was referring to as "spitting" before).

Edited by AdamMF, 02 December 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Could it be that the FPS is higher on the NS2 gun vs. the older model and therefore using more gas?

#9 airsoftamateur32

airsoftamateur32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

hmm maybe gcw but in theory the amount of gas that is realeased doesnt change with the addition of the tbb....

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postairsoftamateur32, on 10 February 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

hmm maybe gcw but in theory the amount of gas that is realeased doesnt change with the addition of the tbb....
The gas that is released stays constant (more or less). When a tbb is added, the gas behind the bb expands faster, bb is thrusted out faster and fps is increased because the gap between the barrel and bb is tighter as opposed to a barrel whose diameter is 6.05 mm.

NS2 doesn't always mean the gun is more gas efficient. Of course with the new structure, the gun can perform more optimally than other guns in colder weather, making the gun gas efficient. BUT with the bigger, heavier parts used inside the NS2 "gas delivery system" requires more gas to blow them back. This is why NS2 guns have heavy kick, more felt recoil, whatever you want to call it versus NS1/other gas guns' gas delivery system. It's intentional that these parts were used in NS2 guns, as well as how much gas needs to be used for each shot, because KWA wanted the guns to have more kick.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postairsoftamateur32, on 10 February 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I don't think that was my point.  Granted it was a while back, but if memory serves, I was implying that higher FPS may be from more gas being used therefore lowering efficiency.  As I re-read the thread, there is no comparison of FPS for NS1 vs NS2 so perhaps my post is void?

#12 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

A few things to keep in mind.

Pre NS2 gas engine does shoot lower FPS.

Counting the seconds not necessary a good way to measure since once gas is release from a compressed bottle, it only takes as much time as it require to Pressurized the chamber it transfer too.  That... depend a lot on  the temperature on the mag itself.  The cooler the mag, the more gas in liquid state can transfer in.  If you mag is warm, that's not much to can fill at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users