Jump to content


HK45 Lemon? (A Hong Kong Customer)

Jamming Problem

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gctoto11

gctoto11

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Hi all,

Nice to meet all of you. I am new to this forum but unfortunately one of the main reasons that I registered here is to vent out the problem that I have with my recently purchased HK45.

A little bit of background:
I just purchased this pistol at a well established airsoft shop Dentrinity in Hong Kong on 28th November 2012 (This Wednesday) and the pistol works fine when I test shot it. I went home, removed the slide, lubricated the necessary areas excluding areas where bbs will come into contact,  and shot around 2 magazines worth of bbs. The pistol still worked fine. However, on 29th November (Thursday), when I tried to shoot my pistol again the bb jammed and cannot load the bbs into the feeding chamber. I immediately sent the gun back to dentrinity shop to repair on the 30th Novmeber 2012(Friday) and they said the loading nozzle was warped. They tried to fix it by heating the nozzle and warp it back to the default position but naturally I have to pay for the repair costs (after two days of just owning the gun). I got back my gun today (2nd December 2012) and guess what it jammed again. This is utterly ridiculous as that means that the repair costs was spent for nearly nothing. Repair costs aside, I spent around US$160 for this pistol and it jammed the second day I shoot it.

I have bought a spare loading nozzle and am thinking to change it. I do not know whether it's the problem of the nozzle or the feeding ramp. This is my first KWA product and I am utterly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, when the pistol worked fine (for the one day), it shot like a beast and feels great in my hand. Now it has become a worthless piece (until one day it gets fixed).

I am sorry if I sound frustrated but that is indeed what I am feeling. The worst thing is there seems to be no support in Hong Kong but just a contact email (I have just sent an email), and I might need to spend more AGAIN just to get it fixed. That is why I am posting in the US forums.

I hope the people from KWA can address my problem IMMEDIATELY as I want to fully enjoy the product. I was originally planning to buy your USP COMPACT next month but now I am having reservations.

I look forward to any assistance/suggestions soon.

Thank you for reading my long venting post. Not a good starting post for a new member I know, I hope I could share more great things about HK 45 (if it works again) to all of you in the future.

Edited by gctoto11, 02 December 2012 - 02:48 AM.


#2 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Check out my vid thats pinned that shows you how to change the nozzle. Ive had to replace mine but this was after thousands of rounds thru it. I cant believe they tried to heat up the nozzle and form it back to oem spec ..

( o Y o )



#3 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi gctoto11 - First, welcome to the KWA Forums.  Normally I would say "congratulations and good luck" on your new purchase.  But, that wouldn't be appropriate at this point.  It's difficult to say what the issue is without seeing the gun.  However, if you take a picture of the loading ramp and cylinder (showing the loading nozzle) perhaps we can help you sort things out.  My guess is that it is indeed the part of the nozzle that loads the BB.  I have never heard of heating it to repair it and would normally go right to a replacement cylinder.  A question is why didn't the store honor the warranty? Another cause could be that the feed ramp needs polishing, alignment, or is somehow damaged.  Lastly, there could be damage to the mag feed lips.  This can cause misfeeds too.  If you can photograph the mag feed lips and post that too.

We are here to help and will do our best to help you sort things out.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 02 December 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Check out my vid thats pinned that shows you how to change the nozzle. Ive had to replace mine but this was after thousands of rounds thru it. I cant believe they tried to heat up the nozzle and form it back to oem spec ..

( o Y o )
Boobie, can you post the link please?

#5 bid2630

bid2630

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento, CA
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I was just going to respond when Boobie beat me to it!  I think this is a loading nozzle issue as well from what I've seen on this forum.  You might want to consult the following threads that have touched on this issue.

Replacing nozzle
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=9069

Discussion on jamming
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=8668

General discussion of issues people have including slide catch issue
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=9631

Overall, the HK45 is an excellent performer.  These forums will help you identify and work through some minor issues.

Edit - I've included the link in my post Greg.

Edited by bid2630, 02 December 2012 - 08:54 AM.


#6 gctoto11

gctoto11

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

BoobieM4H: Thanks for the reply. I did indeed look at your video. Thanks to your video it really helped alot in terms of how to disassemble the blowback unit. Thanks also for the response! Yes they said they have to heat it up and warp it since they do not have any nozzles for the pistol in stock.... After I successfully changed the nozzle.. the pistol seems to not blow back ... or the slide does not go far back enough to catch the bb.... would you please be so kind to point me in the right direction as to what is the problem now ?

gcw360: Thanks for your quick response. I shall take the photos tonight after I go home as I am at work now. I do hope that it's just a nozzle problem.... however, the most dissatisfactory issue is that there seems to be no support in Hong Kong. I find it strange since KWA is a taiwan company (quite close proximity to Hong Kong) and Hong Kong has quite a long history of airsoft, that there's no technical support or any official repairs in here. I am sick of paying money to go repair my guns only to find out that they did not really solve the issue. The reason that they did not honour the warranty is that they say there's no such warranty for kwa pistols in HK. Please tell me if that is true. In any sense, I just want my gun to be fixed once and for all.


bid2630: fingers crossed... just hope it's just a loading nozzle issue....

#7 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postgctoto11, on 02 December 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

BoobieM4H: Thanks for the reply. I did indeed look at your video. Thanks to your video it really helped alot in terms of how to disassemble the blowback unit. Thanks also for the response! Yes they said they have to heat it up and warp it since they do not have any nozzles for the pistol in stock.... After I successfully changed the nozzle.. the pistol seems to not blow back ... or the slide does not go far back enough to catch the bb.... would you please be so kind to point me in the right direction as to what is the problem now ?

gcw360: Thanks for your quick response. I shall take the photos tonight after I go home as I am at work now. I do hope that it's just a nozzle problem.... however, the most dissatisfactory issue is that there seems to be no support in Hong Kong. I find it strange since KWA is a taiwan company (quite close proximity to Hong Kong) and Hong Kong has quite a long history of airsoft, that there's no technical support or any official repairs in here. I am sick of paying money to go repair my guns only to find out that they did not really solve the issue. The reason that they did not honour the warranty is that they say there's no such warranty for kwa pistols in HK. Please tell me if that is true. In any sense, I just want my gun to be fixed once and for all.


bid2630: fingers crossed... just hope it's just a loading nozzle issue....
I wish I could tell you the warranty rules outside of the US.  I know there are rules in the UK mandated by law that far surpass the US.  In the US, it's 45 days for KWA guns.  In the remainder of the world....well...I just don't know.  Part of the problem with resellers not standing behind a product is the very real fact that your gun may have been damaged at the retailer before you even purchased it.  It happens in the US, I see no reason why it wouldn't happen in other markets around the world.

Again, I could be naive....I learn something new every day, but the retailer's approach to fixing the cylinder was not appropriate  from all I know.  If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the repair?

#8 gctoto11

gctoto11

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postgcw360, on 02 December 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

I wish I could tell you the warranty rules outside of the US.  I know there are rules in the UK mandated by law that far surpass the US.  In the US, it's 45 days for KWA guns.  In the remainder of the world....well...I just don't know.  Part of the problem with resellers not standing behind a product is the very real fact that your gun may have been damaged at the retailer before you even purchased it.  It happens in the US, I see no reason why it wouldn't happen in other markets around the world.

Again, I could be naive....I learn something new every day, but the retailer's approach to fixing the cylinder was not appropriate  from all I know.  If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the repair?

Thanks for helping out. I paid for 150 HKD (19.2 US) for the repair. It's kind of a standard charge for any simpler gun repairs in Hong Kong.  The shop should be pretty famous around the airsoft community, even internationally from what I heard. They tested the gun in front of me and it works fine. When I bring it back and told them the problem, they put my mag in their other new HK45  and tried to test shoot it and it's fine. So it's not the magazine problem and that's why the shopkeeper suggested to let their technician look into the gun..however, i think just test shooting it for around a magazine worth of bbs won't show anything ...  bottom line.. the gun is not fixed... I don't want to go back and complain about it.. I would just not go there to repair my gun again...

#9 gctoto11

gctoto11

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi guys I have got the pictures but stupidly do not know how to upload them here... Do I need to upload it through websites such as photobucket first? Cheers.

On an updated note, I have changed the nozzle myself and now it seemed to work fine.. I will post the pictures here anyways just to see if there are anything that is out of order that might cause future issues. Thank you all for your help and opinions!

It's quite an unpleasant first few days for me as I have dumped quite a bit of money and time to get it fixed.. and finally I have to fix it myself.... I hope this will not happen to any of the other buyers in the future.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postgctoto11, on 03 December 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Hi guys I have got the pictures but stupidly do not know how to upload them here... Do I need to upload it through websites such as photobucket first? Cheers.

On an updated note, I have changed the nozzle myself and now it seemed to work fine.. I will post the pictures here anyways just to see if there are anything that is out of order that might cause future issues. Thank you all for your help and opinions!

It's quite an unpleasant first few days for me as I have dumped quite a bit of money and time to get it fixed.. and finally I have to fix it myself.... I hope this will not happen to any of the other buyers in the future.
Glad to hear things are getting better for you!  Save the pictures to Photobucket and then copy and paste the link for the picture in the image window.  The icon is on the tool bar, lower row center (11 from left).

#11 gctoto11

gctoto11

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postgcw360, on 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Glad to hear things are getting better for you!  Save the pictures to Photobucket and then copy and paste the link for the picture in the image window.  The icon is on the tool bar, lower row center (11 from left).

Thanks gcw360 for your help!

Here are the images:

barrel:
http://i25.photobuck...otoll/photo.jpg

Cylinder/loading nozzle:
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo2.jpg
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo3.jpg

Magazine:
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo4.jpg


Although I fixed the pistol myself.. I am very unhappy about how KWA Hk is dealing with things. I have sent them an email on monday but till now they do not come up with a reply. Instead I'd have to go to the USA forum to get help from you guys who are nice enough to help out.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View Postgctoto11, on 04 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Thanks gcw360 for your help!

Here are the images:

barrel:
http://i25.photobuck...otoll/photo.jpg

Cylinder/loading nozzle:
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo2.jpg
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo3.jpg

Magazine:
http://i25.photobuck...toll/photo4.jpg


Although I fixed the pistol myself.. I am very unhappy about how KWA Hk is dealing with things. I have sent them an email on monday but till now they do not come up with a reply. Instead I'd have to go to the USA forum to get help from you guys who are nice enough to help out.
Hopefully we can set a standard for other to follow.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users