#1 lester

lester

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously), Running, Firearms

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I just got an MP7 and since this is my first KWA GBB, I was wondering what kind of silicone oil you guys recommend? Not only to lube the gun, but to also mix into my propane adapter? I have the bottle it came with, but it's small so I'll run out soon. I also know I should be extra sure to keep the gun well lubed since I'm running it on propane. Right now I'm using ICS silicone spray. Is there something better? Thanks.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Don't use silicon spray. It contains additives that have been known to mess up your kwa gun. KWA recommends that you use 100% pure silicon oil, 20 wt to 30 wt. You can find bottles of these online, or specifically in hardware/ R/C hobby stores... hope this helps.

#3 lester

lester

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Sweet, thanks. I have some silicone shock oil so I'll run that for now. I only shot 4-6 mags through mine with spray, then put two through with the oil it came with. Do you think I did any damage? I plan to figure out how ti field strip it and clean/relube it tomorrow when I get back from the field.

Edited by lester, 30 November 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Best bet is to use strictly green gas. (especially if you just got it so you can keep your warranty, but it has already been voided if you have used propane) But if you must use propane, I'd recommend using less silicon oilthan you think you need, because if you add a lot, you have a great chance of swelling the hop up bucking... a common problem with MP7 users. And tearing the gun down to fix a swollen hop up bucking is a pain in the you know where... just getting the trigger back in takes the most patient person at least an hour... LOL anyways... If you want a video on how to tear down the gun so you can get into the guts, I've got a thread pinned in the MP7 section.

#5 lester

lester

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Sounds good, thanks. Where do you guys get your green gas? I looked around, but I didn't really find a place that alwaays has it. Also, is there a certain brand of green gas you recommend?

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

From what I can tell all Green Gas is the same stuff with different labels on the cans.  There's a hazmat fee for shipping (per shipment) so case buying is recommended if you're getting it shipped.  Try Pyramyd Air.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

#7 lester

lester

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic