• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thepounder23

Thepounder23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi, Everybody. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have owned a Kwa mp7a1 for over a year now with two magazines and have had this problem off and on. On semi-automatic the gun fires perfectly, I have never had an issue with semi-auto, but with full auto the gun does will fire a few shots and then stops. It is not a jam I have checked a multitude of times. I have researched the dilemma myself, and have come to a few solutions: 1) The bolt is not cycling due to a swelled hop-up, 2) The bolt is not cycling due to the flute valve being misaligned, or 3) A disruption in the magazine that causes the bbs to become stuck and not pushed into the gun. This problem has occurred in both the winter and the summer and in BOTH of my magazines, so I'm lead to believe that the magazine issue is not the problem. My personal solution is to either purchase a new flute valve, a new low powered bolt, to find if I need to realign the flute valve, or if I need to de-swell the hop-up ring. Thank you for you time.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

You expect us to read grey text on a black background?...

-- Chuck

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostChuck S, on 29 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

You expect us to read grey text on a black background?...

-- Chuck
Some users, like myself, prefer to use the old iP.board format for viewing the forums. It's coming out fine for me, maybe it's just an issue on your end Chuck. I don't think Thepounder23 did this intentionally...

Welcome to the forums thepounder23! I've got a few questions for you... so when you fire full auto, does the bolt stay locked back? Does it stop half way through? Does the nozzle get stuck at loading a bb? Or does it return full home when you continue holding the trigger and the hammer goes click, but the gun doesn't fire? How long are you filling your magazines with gas for? Maybe you are running out of gas, or your green gas cans you are using have lost pressure?

also, maybe a mod can move this to the appropriate section? :)

Edited by Outlaw1995, 29 November 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#4 Thepounder23

Thepounder23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Sorry everybody I did not mean to do the gray text intentionally, but anyway Guru, I am unsure about pretty much everything you asked me haha. It is a good possibility that the bolt is not being pushed forward. Can I remedy this issue by purchasing a new bolt, flute valve, or maybe the hop-up is swollen (although i would believe it would cause a jam)?

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

If your bolt is not returning home, then something is blocking it. This could be a few things. It could be a: your magazine release main seal has torn, causing the bolt to get stopped, b: a really stiff magazine spring that is keeping the bb secured into the feed lips strong enough for your bolt not to strip the bb from the mag and chamber it, c: your feed lips may be holding the bb too securely, (you can fix this by lightly sanding/dremeling the rim of the feed lip so the bbs feed smoother), d: your feed ramp isn't clean and jams a bb being stripped from the mag, or it could be a combination of b,c, and d, or any of those possibilities...... (that was a lot to say! haha)

I think it'd be best if you took a video of you gassing up your magazine with a fresh can of green gas for at least 40 seconds, loading the gun, and shooting it, making sure your camera focuses on the bolt section so we can all see what is going on there. That'd be the most helpful for us.

Thanks pounder.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 29 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Thepounder23

Thepounder23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yeah I'll make a video when I can, I'm out of propane right now but I will as soon as possible! Thank you very much!

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Moved to correct forum so you can get better help.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostThepounder23, on 29 November 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hi, Everybody. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have owned a Kwa mp7a1 for over a year now with two magazines and have had this problem off and on. On semi-automatic the gun fires perfectly, I have never had an issue with semi-auto, but with full auto the gun does will fire a few shots and then stops. It is not a jam I have checked a multitude of times. I have researched the dilemma myself, and have come to a few solutions: 1) The bolt is not cycling due to a swelled hop-up, 2) The bolt is not cycling due to the flute valve being misaligned, or 3) A disruption in the magazine that causes the bbs to become stuck and not pushed into the gun. This problem has occurred in both the winter and the summer and in BOTH of my magazines, so I'm lead to believe that the magazine issue is not the problem. My personal solution is to either purchase a new flute valve, a new low powered bolt, to find if I need to realign the flute valve, or if I need to de-swell the hop-up ring. Thank you for you time.
Text fixed...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mp7, Full Auto, Malfunction, Firing, Problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users