6 replies to this topic

#1 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Tried this stuff using the adapter by AI. It's the same thing as HFC134a. Essentially, it costs less than Green Gas but more than propane ($4.90 a can). It doesn't smell like anything when shooting. But the only downside is its lower pressure. The ROF is lower and although I haven't chronoed it, I expect the FPS to be lower as well. Actually, it's not really a downside. For CQB, it could be applicable and to my knowledge, most LM4 users stick to Semi-Auto fire. As for the silicone oil, I just dripped some into the tip. What do you guys think? And do you guys know of any other alternative gases? I'm exploring all the options.

#2 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

HFC134 (also known as "duster gas" or tetra short for tetrafluoroethane) is used extensively in gas guns to have a lower fps for CQB fields (when the gun is too hot with GG/Propane and there's no easy solution like a NPAS available)

So yes it sure has been proven a lot to work fine. Some setup tend to have difficulties to cycle properly with this gas, when using metal or heavier slide/bolt for example.

Just make sure you don't mistake HFC134a for HFC152a (Difluoroethane) however. It is not powerful enough and nothing will work well with it, and it will eat through your orings and seals. So pay attention and read the small types in the labels before buying.

In Ccanada at least, not sure for you in the US, most duster canister now uses HFC152a, and it becomes harder to get HFC134a.

Costco often sells them by the case, one might want to look there

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

KWA doesnt recommend duster gas because of its lower pressurization and it can dry out your gun if you dont maintain it properly.
The lower pressure can cause your gun to not cycle fully/properly, but many have used duster gas successfully. People use duster gas because of its lower pressurization, for CQB purposes. It lowers the FPS. Ive never tried it.
I havent heard about anyone using it in the LM4 yet.

#4 netpoc

netpoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

You lose about 75 fps. I went from about 425 fps with propane to 350 fps with the "duster."

#5 freon

freon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

View Postaaps59, on 28 November 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

KWA doesnt recommend duster gas because of its lower pressurization and it can dry out your gun if you dont maintain it properly.
The lower pressure can cause your gun to not cycle fully/properly, but many have used duster gas successfully. People use duster gas because of its lower pressurization, for CQB purposes. It lowers the FPS. Ive never tried it.
I havent heard about anyone using it in the LM4 yet.

I use 134A and 134A mixed with some gg to keep my FPS within the friendly limits of the sites I play. It's not that difficult to use but you definitely do have to spend extra time on keeping your o-rings lubed.

As a rule, I always clean and lube my o-rings (both gun and mag) after every game and it hasn't been an issue at all, then just add some gg to the mag after every game.

I used 134A exclusively for this one very low FPS game and have had absolutely no problems with cycling the gun or leaks. Just keep your gun well maintained.

#6 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Kinda off topic..but has anyone tried co2 in their lm4? Im thinking of trying just for the hell of it

( o Y o )

#7 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 06 December 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Kinda off topic..but has anyone tried co2 in their lm4? Im thinking of trying just for the hell of it

( o Y o )

You won't be able toget liquid in

//sorry for odd autocorrect words by my phone//

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users