28 replies to this topic

#21 MuchMoore

MuchMoore

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

KWA now offers a mag valve key in the pro shop, I ordered one yesterday.

#22 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postnetpoc, on 27 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Well then... Can we get someone from KWA to weigh in here? What is the proper way to store our mags?
In the past I never stored my mags with gas in them.  It was basically because I had this thing about someone picking up the gun and dry firing it.  "Safety First".  Now, I store ALL of my mags with GG in them.  I have had no issues.  The valve springs are meant to resist openning.  Adding GG simply helps holds the valves shut.  Will it eventually wear out the rubber gaskets at the top and base due to the pressure exerted?  I don't know.  I can tell you that storing them empty can lead to dry gaskets overtime though  I also have seen a mag on a tech's desk at KWA with a pressure gauge on it.  The mag was filled with gas several years ago....the pressure gauge still reads full.

I suspect that the leaky LM4 mags referenced would have leaked regardless.

PS, I just tested an MP9 mag that was gassed up 6 moths ago....still full.

#23 netpoc

netpoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Well that seems to be a pretty definitive answer. The pressure inside of the magazine from any gas is actually pushing the valves (release and fill) closed. The lack of oxygen inside the mag is also not allowing the o-rings/seals to be dried out which is a major concern with any gas mag. Thank you for your response gcw360.

#24 dos_Santos

dos_Santos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

What's the PSI of a full mag using GG?

#25 Theshank

Theshank

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

the psi will change as the ambient temp changes. only inert gases like nitrogen keep the same psi at any temperature.

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostTheshank, on 30 December 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

the psi will change as the ambient temp changes. only inert gases like nitrogen keep the same psi at any temperature.
That's not true.  N2 (Nitrogen) expands and contracts with changes in temperature as do all gases.  The "inert" gases are helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon and are referred to as inert because they do not oxidize.

#27 shaofengli

shaofengli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Postdos_Santos, on 27 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Also, tech support could not tell me for sure the proper torque values for the valves, which is super critical.  He did guess about 8 in/lbs. Be very careful using the tool to secure the valves. It shouldn't take much torque to seat the o-rings. For example on the airplanes I work on, installing a new o-ring on a drain plug for an oil resevoir takes about 25 in/lbs to secure. That's barely hand tight.
my mag just came back from airsoftgi for repairing. it doesn't hold gas when it came back.  I have to make the valve really tight (until i couldn't turn it anymore) otherwise it would leak. it's way more than hand tight. is it normal? do i need to send it back?

Edited by shaofengli, 30 December 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#28 rungunner23

rungunner23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

I know that the pro shop offers a valve key, but it comes out to $30 shipped. Would this valve key, http://www.amazon.co...sxp_grid_pt_0_0 designed for KSC magazines, work with our LM4 magazines?

#29 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

I have one on my desk right now, so it must work for some KWA guns.

Will require some modification to the leg at 7 o'clock -- pins are too thick.  Not sure what the small leg does and forget what the leg at 12 o'clock does ;) .  1 out of 3?

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magazine, valve, tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users