• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 olliebaba999

olliebaba999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Early this summer, I received my KWA M4 in the mail and was thoroughly impressed. It shot well, it was well built, etc. However, I'm almost positive my troubles with the hop up began when I cleaned the barrel with silicon oil. From my understanding, I got oil on the hop hop and bucking. So, upon looking at these forums, I did what was said. I cleaned the hop up and bucking in warm soapy water, etc. None of it has worked. My bb's fly for about 50 feet before dropping. I can't overhop either, the most I can do is to raise the bbs a little higher before they drop, but it's 75 to 100 feet max. I used to be able to get +150 feet on this thing. I'm thinking I should just send this in to the KWA repair shop, because I don't really know how to work much on a gun outside the hop up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think it's the hop up that's the problem, am I right? Thanks, Oliver.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

My KM4- CQB had the same problems probably based on the KM4 operators manual specifying to use a little silicone on the patch to clean the barrel.  If a little is good a little more must be better, right?  ;)   Mine was oil soaked and swollen to the extent it took effort to get the barrel and bucking out of the hop up.

Soaking and cleaning the bucking helped only a little.  Complete new  bucking cured the problem.  They're in the Pro Shot and delivery takes less than a week by USPS.  I tried the G&G Green bucking some say works, but it was ineffective as well.

God smiles on idiots  and smiled on me as I had no clue there was a lil' nub in the hop up box that gets lost easily when the barrel and bucking are removed.  Mine didn't more (I did not disassemble the hop up).  If you lost yours there will be no hop up at all.  Guys here have developed several alternatives for the OEM nub including the insulation from certain gauge wire.

-- Chuck

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, oil in the barrel and in the hop up is no good. Agreeing with Chuck, sounds like you need a new bucking, and probably a new nub. If cleaning the bucking didnt work, im going to have to with your nub fell out when you removed the bucking.

#4 olliebaba999

olliebaba999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thanks for the responses! I guess i will order a new hop up/bucking. Could you please give me a link, i couldn't find it on the pro shot. Thanks!

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Top row.  Middle. ;)

-- Chuck

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

KWA bucking do not like silicone oil and it should be kept as clean as possible for maximum performance.  But it is impossible to completely avoid getting oil on the bucking sometimes and a little bit does not cause permanent damage and washing it with soap and warm water usually resolves this kind of issues.  If washing your bucking does not help, I agree with everyone here to simply replace it with a new one.  A bucking, like many parts in an AEG, is a consumable part that needs replacing from time to time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m4, hop up, ineffective, doesnt work, kwa, accuracy problems, range problems, bucking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users