#21 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Just remove the rubber buffer and you should be good to go on the MK II.

If you want to wait...The M1911A1 US Army has a redesigned slide that will allow you to power stroke the gun. But the gun hasn't been released yet, and there is no word on when it will be out. So, it'd be well worth the wait if you want an out of the box airsoft training replica of a classic M1911A1.

#22 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

The number of us who still routinely carry the M1911 is pretty small, as are the number of police departments carrying it.

There's another thread on the inability to cycle the slide on the Mark-series from slide lock.

BTW you can cycle the M9PTP from slide lock because KWA copies the Beretta slide lock spring that pushes it down; the M1911 depends on the slide to push the lock down.

Here's the same photo I posted a couple of days ago in the other thread that shows the difference in a real vs KWA M1911.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

#23 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

I guess the explanation for the MK series' inability to power-stroke is that KWA wants you to use the slide release lever for training, just like the bolt release paddle on their LM4 PTR series.

#24 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Neither method is taught at the professional training schools (like Gunsite) as it's a fine motor skill that will fail you in crisis.  Certainly a useful secondary method if you can't cycle the slide or charging handle.  Working the slide or charging handle works for any and all issues from loading, unloading, clearing stoppages, etc.  Depressing the slide or bolt stop only works for one thing.  It does look tactikool slapping the LM4 (or M4) receiver though!  :)

A little disappointing that KWA designers didn't faithfully copy either the M4 or M1911 design but perhaps they couldn't.  I suspect the design changes were necessary for reliable slide/bolt lock when firing.  There's only so much realism you can put into an airsoft gun and lock open when empty is a highly desirable feature.

-- Chuck

#25 BootlegGucci

BootlegGucci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hey not sure if anyone has seen these videos or tried this mod but I'm curious if this mod would work. Seems like much more simple and less risky than removing parts from the weapon.

#26 mk2operator2

mk2operator2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was recently able to powerstroke my mark 2 by removing just the metal washer and leaving the rubber bumper, for some reason I like that I still was able to keep the rubber bumper just seems like it would be better for longevity. Hope the reverse isnt true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users