9 replies to this topic

#1 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Just started happening.  I can pull the trigger and the gun doesnt fire.  The hammer doesnt release.  I can pull it like 10 times and a few times it will fire.  With the gun gassed up i pull the slide back, it sets the hammer and the trigger pulls but does not fire the hammer off.  But sometimes it does.  More often not, the it does.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

How old is the 93R?

#3 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

SR105, I can't say for sure since I bought it used.  The guy I bought it from said it was about a year old, so in total I would be guessing at approx 2 yrs old.  I have approx 10000 rounds through it since I owned it.  Mostly used in CQB games so semi only.   Only used the full auto 2 or 3 times in the yard.   It's hard to diagnose.  I can fire off a few shots then nothing, the hammer won't fire when pulling the trigger.  But if I pull the trigger a few times I can fire off a shot.  I tested it a few minutes ago, and it seemed to work if I held the gun on its side.  Fired every round.  When firing I up righted the gun and it stopped. I then put it back on its side and it fired.  Like a kill shot. So laid on its left side.

Edited by Icurblud, 29 October 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

SR105, impact block lever....trigger bar? Just riffing here because I don't own one of these?

#5 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm thinking more of the trigger disconnect (part 11). To test this out, put the 93R on semi-auto, pull the trigger and keep the trigger depressed. If it does not fire from the trigger pull, tap the slide with the palm of your hand directly on top of the rear sight. If the 93R cycles, then the breech is probably not engaging the disconnect properly anymore.

#6 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

What would that mean. What part is bad if this happens?

#7 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

If this is the problem then the most likely problem is the slide guide rails have been worn away too much and the slide sits just a little too high to engage part 11 properly

#8 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well i just sent it to KWA for repair?  Now with no mag i can pull the slide back, it locks the hammer and i can fire when i pull the trigger every time.  But if i put a mag in, pull the slide back, it locks the hammer back, but every so often it wont fire when i pull the tirigger.  I can pull , pull , pull the trigger and nothing, the hammer wont move.   This happens more than it should.  SO i figure lets the experts fix it.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 02 November 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Well i just sent it to KWA for repair?  Now with no mag i can pull the slide back, it locks the hammer and i can fire when i pull the trigger every time.  But if i put a mag in, pull the slide back, it locks the hammer back, but every so often it wont fire when i pull the tirigger.  I can pull , pull , pull the trigger and nothing, the hammer wont move.   This happens more than it should.  SO i figure lets the experts fix it.
More than likely SR105 will be the one who fixes it! Or one of the other competent crew of techs.

#10 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

View Postgcw360, on 02 November 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

More than likely SR105 will be the one who fixes it! Or one of the other competent crew of techs.
Exactly why i sent it in for repair "competent crew of techs".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users