KWA SR10 Inner Barrel, Hop-Up, Nub Upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Still enjoying Airsoft; Martial Arts; Hiking

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

Long time since last post, even longer time follower.  Thanks in advance everyone for the help!

I am looking into upgrading my KWA SR10; I have operated this gun for about 2 years now and would like to upgrade the accuracy, distance, and grouping.  I would appreciate some suggestions on possible options for doing so.  I have a few of my own, but wanted to bounce them off the forum and get a little feedback.

1. Do not change a thing with the gun internally, just switch to using KWA/KSC .30 bbs exclusively.  I have stayed with .25 due to the cost and availability.  I clean the inner barrel and bucking after each use, even if it is light usage.

** With all the following options, I will use KWA/KSC .30 bbs

2. KM Head Precision Barrel 1950 series: KM SR10 6.02mm / 425mm; keep the 2G bucking and nub stock
http://store.kwausa....arrel425mm.aspx

3. Magic Box Miracle TOT Inner Barrel BAR10 & VSR10 & AK (433mm)
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=14201

Modify Baton Ryusoku Flat Hop Up Bucking (Soft)
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=15751

4.   Magic Box Miracle TOT Inner Barrel BAR10 & VSR10 & AK (433mm)

G&G Hopup Green Bucking
http://www.evike.com/products/36022/

Maple Leaf RTX Flat Hop Up Nub
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=16122

I have been reading as many posts as I can on the KWA forums, but I am still on the fence; additionally, I have contacted several pro shops and internet retailers (ASGI, Evike) and received varying suggestions.  Of course, KWA Technical Support adheres to their liability policy and can only inform me that the KM Barrel will fit my SR10.

Please advise.  Thanks again!

#2 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

Vanevery is doing some fantastical work and I highly recommend you read up on some of his findings and ask him some questions. Here's a link to one of my favourite posts on this forum. http://www.kwausa.co...=40#entry110319

#3 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Thanks for the reply Pyro; I read through the forum posts, very informative.  With regards to the Lonex 70, is the fit into the hop up chamber really that tight, or does it just require time and patience (and a little 100% silicon oil)?  Also, can I deduce that I will switch out the 2G hop up nub with the nub that comes with the Lonex?  Also, my SR10 is shooting ~390fps w/ .20; I thought hard buckings were reserved for >400fps?

#4 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

I wanted to extend a special thanks to Mr. Vanevery; you definitely have invested the time into researching modifications, and I appreciate that you would share this information with the forum.

With regards to the Madbull 455mm 6.03tbb, will the inner barrel length exceed the stock flash hider and stick out.  I am not comfortable with trying to remove the stock (blaze orange) flash hider, as I hear that it is secured well onto the threading.  I was looking at the Miracle Barrel 433mm as there would be a negligible difference in barrel length.

I hope you have some time to reply to my questions and offer any feedback Mr. Vanevery (and anyone else for that matter).  Thanks again!

#5 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

With regards to the bucking, I have a Maple Leaf 70 in my SR7 that shoots bar 400 with excellent results. As for the 455 mm barrel, I have it in my SR10 and it does not exceed the flash hider. I have also removed my orange flash hider, and it is difficult, though not as difficult as one might believe. Just take out the set screw on the bottom, and use either a heat gun for about 5-10 minutes, or a blow drier on high heat for 15-20 minutes and you should be good to go.

#6 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Pyro, I will try to remove the flash hider this weekend using a heat gun.  I have a Gemtech mock suppressor sitting around that would look very nice on the SR 10.

Has anyone had any experience with the Miracle Barrel?  I know ASGI is pushing it as the greatest thing to happen to airsoft, but I did not want to buy into one if they are not as advertised.  The Madbull 455mm 6.03 has an appealing price, I may just have to purchase one from ASGI with the sale going on now.

#7 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Sorry for all the inquiries, indecisiveness is my worst enemy.  For the extra $10.00, would it make any difference in the performance if I purchased the Madbull 455mm 6.01tbb instead of the 6.03?  Thanks again!

Edited by JohnnyHeadwound, 08 May 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#8 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostJohnnyHeadwound, on 08 May 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Thanks Pyro, I will try to remove the flash hider this weekend using a heat gun.  I have a Gemtech mock suppressor sitting around that would look very nice on the SR 10.

Has anyone had any experience with the Miracle Barrel?  I know ASGI is pushing it as the greatest thing to happen to airsoft, but I did not want to buy into one if they are not as advertised.  The Madbull 455mm 6.03 has an appealing price, I may just have to purchase one from ASGI with the sale going on now.
No, stay away from those over priced barrels... Please! If anything get a KM head barrel, it will perform better that the(pardon my French) POS barrel.

#9 uriahskates

uriahskates

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Airsofting, Adventuring.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostBLATEY, on 08 May 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

No, stay away from those over priced barrels... Please! If anything get a KM head barrel, it will perform better that the(pardon my French) POS barrel.

I ditto that  :tsuki:

#10 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

Thank you for all the feedback everyone.  I just purchased the Madbull 455mm 6.03tbb with G&G Green Bucking and a Lonex 70 Bucking; also, I picked up some KWA/KSC .30 bbs and Elite Force 0.32 bio bbs.  At least ASGI gave me a great 20% discount with the sale.  Although my testing will not be nearly as scientific or thorough as Vanevery, I will post a follow-up on results using the stock barrel and 2G bucking and the new items.  I am hopeful that I can squeeze a little more range out my SR 10 in time for a Mil-Sim OP at the end of the month.

Edited by JohnnyHeadwound, 08 May 2014 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users