18 replies to this topic

#1 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

1) ive heard of little nicks forming on the outer barrel after a little use due to the polymer outer barrel...has anyone experienced accuracy loss due to these nicks?

2) are the M9 ns2 and m93r ns2 outer barrels capatible(im pretty sure they are, i just need a confermation...im planning on making a threaded barrel, but i dont want to cut down the original barrel)

3) will this stock http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=26895 fit and fold on the m93r ns2 with the 48 round extended magazine in the gun?

4) will this gun accept real steel iron sights? (i would like to get some nice, precision adjustable night sights).

thank you for all who answer any of these questions. sorry if any of these questions are answered in other posts...i looked through the posts, but may have overlooked the one answering my questions  :blush:

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

reply in RED

View PostXaelk, on 06 December 2009 - 12:32 PM, said:

1) ive heard of little nicks forming on the outer barrel after a little use due to the polymer outer barrel...has anyone experienced accuracy loss due to these nicks?

Nope. only if you damage the inner barrel which is protected by the outer barrel.

2) are the M9 ns2 and m93r ns2 outer barrels capatible(im pretty sure they are, i just need a confermation...im planning on making a threaded barrel, but i dont want to cut down the original barrel)

They are the same.  

3) will this stock http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=26895 fit and fold on the m93r ns2 with the 48 round extended magazine in the gun?

I believe they do fit.

4) will this gun accept real steel iron sights? (i would like to get some nice, precision adjustable night sights).

I don't think you can change out the sight. It's cast on the slide.

#3 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

thank you very much! i think i will be getting this gun!  :thumbsup:

im excited! now to find a dremel tool for that threaded barrel...  :shifty:

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

View PostXaelk, on 07 December 2009 - 09:04 PM, said:

thank you very much! i think i will be getting this gun!  :thumbsup:

im excited! now to find a dremel tool for that threaded barrel...  :shifty:
Megaman Effect.

the wrong size or weight can will stop your gun from functioning... That and you can't shoot up.

grab a $50 14mm- die if you absolutely want to thread the barrel.  A dremel is not for threading.

#5 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 08 December 2009 - 11:42 AM, said:

Megaman Effect.

the wrong size or weight can will stop your gun from functioning... That and you can't shoot up.

grab a $50 14mm- die if you absolutely want to thread the barrel.  A dremel is not for threading.

I understant the weight problem somewhat...i was going to pick up a short aluminum suppressor. just to help extend outer barrel length a little for a custom length edgi inner barrel. the dremel tool was to dethread an old silencer adapter on the CCW side so i could attach it using gorilla glue (or some other adhesive) to the short barrel of the original m9. i felt that i would have too large of a margin of error actually creating threads myself. would a short, light weight suppressor still cause the gun to have these problems?

something like this: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3093

or this: http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=30834

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

An extended barrel is not half bad of an idea, however there's no way to accommodate it if you can not find a cover that will not impede the action of the gun.

Three things may happen during reset(firing).
1. Slide hits the can, jams the gun, ejects the gas
2. BB hits the can, breaks in the can, jams the gun
3. Spring guide hits the can, jams the gun, ejects the gas.

For the record, none of which cans will function since all the gas ejected during action is within the breech itself.

I've ran through these problems before when I attempted to make a threaded barrel for the M9PTP.  Successfully as I put it through a lathe inside a 4-jaw chuck, then I ran the die through it.  Functionality, nil.
<_<  what a waste of a good barrel...

#7 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 08 December 2009 - 06:42 PM, said:

An extended barrel is not half bad of an idea, however there's no way to accommodate it if you can not find a cover that will not impede the action of the gun.

Three things may happen during reset(firing).
1. Slide hits the can, jams the gun, ejects the gas
2. BB hits the can, breaks in the can, jams the gun
3. Spring guide hits the can, jams the gun, ejects the gas.

For the record, none of which cans will function since all the gas ejected during action is within the breech itself.

I've ran through these problems before when I attempted to make a threaded barrel for the M9PTP.  Successfully as I put it through a lathe inside a 4-jaw chuck, then I ran the die through it.  Functionality, nil.
<_<  what a waste of a good barrel...

well, after hearing this,  will show you my plans, and maybe cut down and use a 93r barrel for a little extra leeway between the adapter and the slide in a closed position, as that seems like a better idea.

1) i will dremel out the inner threads of one of these http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5247
2) i will mark the outer barrel, while on the gun, a centemeter away from the slide in the closed position.
3) i will measure the distance from the end of the dremelled off threads to the end of the adapter.
4) i will cut down the barrel after measuring out the distance calculated in the last step starting from the centimeter mark (so the adapter fits snugly)
5) using gorilla glue or rubber cement, i will attach the adapter to the outer barrel.

this should give the gun enough space to cycle with the can attached. i will not be attaching the can until i have the custom length inner barrel, and will make modifications to the can if needed to prevent the BBs from hitting the inner wall. I am not looking for a functional silencer, just a fashionable barrel extension.

should this solve the problems you mentioned? I am not a technician, and your input is greatly appreciated  :)

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

View PostXaelk, on 08 December 2009 - 08:51 PM, said:

well, after hearing this,  will show you my plans, and maybe cut down and use a 93r barrel for a little extra leeway between the adapter and the slide in a closed position, as that seems like a better idea.

1) i will dremel out the inner threads of one of these http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5247
2) i will mark the outer barrel, while on the gun, a centemeter away from the slide in the closed position.
3) i will measure the distance from the end of the dremelled off threads to the end of the adapter.
4) i will cut down the barrel after measuring out the distance calculated in the last step starting from the centimeter mark (so the adapter fits snugly)
5) using gorilla glue or rubber cement, i will attach the adapter to the outer barrel.

this should give the gun enough space to cycle with the can attached. i will not be attaching the can until i have the custom length inner barrel, and will make modifications to the can if needed to prevent the BBs from hitting the inner wall. I am not looking for a functional silencer, just a fashionable barrel extension.

should this solve the problems you mentioned? I am not a technician, and your input is greatly appreciated  :)

1&2. Dremel does not cut evenly and round, your part could fit crooked and be misaligned.  I'd do it on a lathe or mill.
3. This part is good enough if you use a machine to properly modify and secure the part
4. Unless you're doing this on a lathe or precision tools, the cut will exacerbate the issue with #1&2
5. The polymer used in making the barrel is almost stick proof, superglue will not stay for long. Rubber cement is for paper.

Given the weight and length, the angular difference you get may be enough to stop the gun from working right.

This is not an easy task, So far I only have one can that will work on my M9PTP, it's really long and not worth it.

Keep your gun short, the stock will make it easier to handle and the short barrel will make it very maneuverable.

#9 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 09 December 2009 - 04:48 PM, said:

1&2. Dremel does not cut evenly and round, your part could fit crooked and be misaligned.  I'd do it on a lathe or mill.
3. This part is good enough if you use a machine to properly modify and secure the part
4. Unless you're doing this on a lathe or precision tools, the cut will exacerbate the issue with #1&2
5. The polymer used in making the barrel is almost stick proof, superglue will not stay for long. Rubber cement is for paper.

Given the weight and length, the angular difference you get may be enough to stop the gun from working right.

This is not an easy task, So far I only have one can that will work on my M9PTP, it's really long and not worth it.

Keep your gun short, the stock will make it easier to handle and the short barrel will make it very maneuverable.

ok. thank you for the advice! it was just an idea i wanted to try as a little project for myself...kinda for fun, but if even you find it a difficult task, someone as inexperienced as me will have some REAL TROUBLE with it  :lol:

i will probably still use a standard m9 barrel...im not a big fan of the ported barrel, as it has no purpose in the airsoft version and just makes the gun a little longer (unless the inner barrel is a little longer than the standard m9). i like the compact size, and will probably keep it compact...as i said, the suppressor wasnt really a "must have" thing for me. it was just for fun =)

one more question (sorry for so many), im assuming that it will, as it was stated in another post that the 1911 will, but will this gun accept grips from my beretta 92fs? i dont have alot of money because my baby sister has cancer and most of my money goes to helping my family, and my only airsoft gun broke (this is one of the only things me and my friends do together as a group). most of these parts will be after i have the extra money to upgrade after her chemo and radiation ends and my parents come home and can hold jobs again.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

View PostXaelk, on 09 December 2009 - 07:20 PM, said:

ok. thank you for the advice! it was just an idea i wanted to try as a little project for myself...kinda for fun, but if even you find it a difficult task, someone as inexperienced as me will have some REAL TROUBLE with it :lol:

i will probably still use a standard m9 barrel...im not a big fan of the ported barrel, as it has no purpose in the airsoft version and just makes the gun a little longer (unless the inner barrel is a little longer than the standard m9). i like the compact size, and will probably keep it compact...as i said, the suppressor wasnt really a "must have" thing for me. it was just for fun =)

one more question (sorry for so many), im assuming that it will, as it was stated in another post that the 1911 will, but will this gun accept grips from my beretta 92fs? i dont have alot of money because my baby sister has cancer and most of my money goes to helping my family, and my only airsoft gun broke (this is one of the only things me and my friends do together as a group). most of these parts will be after i have the extra money to upgrade after her chemo and radiation ends and my parents come home and can hold jobs again.

Dude, sorry to hear about your sister and the whole situation in general. :(

#11 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

It fits.  Spiggy still have my real wood Beretta grip on his gun.   :icecream:

#12 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

View Postgcw360, on 09 December 2009 - 08:04 PM, said:

Dude, sorry to hear about your sister and the whole situation in general. :(

its cool, dude.

shes doing great considering the circumstances. she is actually home for a little while...until sunday. she is about to head into radiation, which is kinda scary, but we're alright. she seems to be feeling better (for now). she wont be home permanently until july. She is in the best hands she could be in (St. Judes childrens research hospital).

#13 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

my Mil-Slide Centurion
Posted Image

93R inner barrel is longer than the M9 standard barrel.  You'll need the inner barrel as well.

View PostXaelk, on 09 December 2009 - 10:12 PM, said:

its cool, dude.

shes doing great considering the circumstances. she is actually home for a little while...until sunday. she is about to head into radiation, which is kinda scary, but we're alright. she seems to be feeling better (for now). she wont be home permanently until july. She is in the best hands she could be in (St. Judes childrens research hospital).
Today's medical technology is light years to what it was 10 years ago.  Best wishes on both endeavors

#14 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

View Postallizard, on 09 December 2009 - 09:57 PM, said:

It fits.  Spiggy still have my real wood Beretta grip on his gun.   :icecream:

sorry i missed this post! thank you for the answer!

#15 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 11 December 2009 - 11:47 AM, said:

my Mil-Slide Centurion
Posted Image

93R inner barrel is longer than the M9 standard barrel.  You'll need the inner barrel as well.

Today's medical technology is light years to what it was 10 years ago.  Best wishes on both endeavors

that is a beautiful gun!

and about the medical technology...im not worried about the technology, but she has neuroblastoma (one of the more lethal forms of cancer.) as i said though, she is in the best of hands. her personal doctor wrote the national protocol for neuroblastoma patients. she is also recieving an experamental antibody designed to kill the neuroblastoma cells. I am very confident in her survival   :thumbsup:

#16 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

11 years ago, my cousin had a resurfaced neuroblastoma just above the hypothalamus.  The tumor was the size of a pinky nail.

Technology and methodology wasn't as advanced as today.  :(

My generation of kids grew up together in the same homes, still miss her.  :hug:

#17 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

Xaelk, sorry to hear your sister have cancer.  Anyway,broken gun. Which gun is broken?  Can you give us a bit more detail.

#18 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 14 December 2009 - 12:00 PM, said:

11 years ago, my cousin had a resurfaced neuroblastoma just above the hypothalamus.  The tumor was the size of a pinky nail.

Technology and methodology wasn't as advanced as today.  :(

My generation of kids grew up together in the same homes, still miss her.  :hug:

I am very sorry  :( . we are most worried about resurfacing...there is still nothing for to help that. her tumor was 11" by 13" when they first found the cancer, now it is almost gone, and she still hasnt been through radiation or the experamental antibody. she just turned two years old. I am again very sorry to hear about your cousin...it makes me very sad...

#19 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

View Postallizard, on 14 December 2009 - 02:39 PM, said:

Xaelk, sorry to hear your sister have cancer.  Anyway,broken gun. Which gun is broken?  Can you give us a bit more detail.

im sorry that i keep missing your posts...and its ok...i actually use this and other forums as a way to get away from things...i like helping people in any and every way that i can, and if i learn a few things in the process thats ok too  ^_^ . I dont have a broken gun from KWA...i had a broken WELL R-8 (from my backyard days  :rolleyes2: ) and a broken WE tech 1911 (very sad because 1911 tactical is my favorite gun style...like Springfield Operator or Kimber Custom II...  <_< ). I have yet to buy a KWA...I have only heard the best of things from people, and need a new gun, so I am shopping for a KWA. I only have enough money for 1 gun, so i need all the info i can get before making my purchase...I am very tempted to just wait until 2010 models(praying for a 1911 tactical  :innocent: ), but the 93r is on the top of my list at the moment. i do want to thank you, Allizard and Spiggy, for taking your time to answer my questions. whatever gun i do end up getting will be a KWA because of your great service  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users