Jump to content


The magazine slide won't lock


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

The slide that locks into place when the spring is fully compressed will not lock into place.  Is this repairable?

EDIT: I guess I need to replace part 910 or 928 (can't tell which one is for the PTP in the diagram).

Edited by DoctorKajita, 20 July 2008 - 09:58 PM.


#2 lpesce

lpesce

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:22 AM

View PostDoctorKajita, on Jul 20 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

The slide that locks into place when the spring is fully compressed will not lock into place.  Is this repairable?

EDIT: I guess I need to replace part 910 or 928 (can't tell which one is for the PTP in the diagram).

When you compress the spring all the way, part 910/928 does not snap/click and lock? Do you see anything broken with the part from just visual inspection?

If you just bought the magazine (or is it the one that came with the M9) from a store, you may be able to have it replaced.

I had an issue with one of my 4 mags for the M226 and AEX replaced it no questions asked.

Cheers
Leo

#3 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

View Postlpesce, on Jul 21 2008, 09:22 AM, said:

When you compress the spring all the way, part 910/928 does not snap/click and lock? Do you see anything broken with the part from just visual inspection?

If you just bought the magazine (or is it the one that came with the M9) from a store, you may be able to have it replaced.

I had an issue with one of my 4 mags for the M226 and AEX replaced it no questions asked.

Cheers
Leo

I'm going to open it up later today and see what's going on.  I guess I posted a little premature.  I'll report back later.

This is the magazine that came with the gun.

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hey Doc, any updates on your problem?

#5 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostRadix, on Jul 23 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

Hey Doc, any updates on your problem?

Sorry Radix, I haven't been able to get to it.  It's been a very busy week at work  :blink:

#6 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

No problem, just give me a holler if you need help.

#7 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

Okay, I disassembled the mag and took out the slide (Part 924) and noticed nothing wrong.  Here are some pictures.  I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

The arrow points to the part that catches/locks the follower (part#924) when it is at the bottom of the mag or when the rail widens. I have to double check but it is either spring loaded or is tensioned.  Have a look at yours and perhaps the problem lies there.

Posted Image

#9 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

View PostRadix, on Jul 24 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

The arrow points to the part that catches/locks the follower (part#924) when it is at the bottom of the mag or when the rail widens. I have to double check but it is either spring loaded or is tensioned.  Have a look at yours and perhaps the problem lies there.

Posted Image

It's tensioned.  Welp, In trying to get the copper piece that sits behind the lock out (my intention was to stretch it a bit to create more tension), I broke it off.  I can't get the entire copper piece off now.  I guess I'll be ordering part 924 <_<

Before I tried messing with it, the lock mechanism seemed to have good tension and the piece was moving smoothly within...I guess not enough to lock in place.

#10 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

Unfortunately I didn't have a PTP mag with me when answering your question or I might be able to warn you.  Sorry. :(

#11 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

View PostRadix, on Jul 25 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

Unfortunately I didn't have a PTP mag with me when answering your question or I might be able to warn you.  Sorry. :(

No biggie.  Hopefully this part won't cost too much.

#12 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

I got the part (924) and compared to the one I broke, the lock mechanism protruded much more on the new one.  In other words, the tension was much greater.  It solved my problem.  Thanks

#13 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

Glad to hear, thanks for the update. :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users