3 replies to this topic

#1 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

I am not sure how, but one of my M226 magazines has something sliding inside the gas tank.

Assuming that the M9 PTP magazine has the same internals (as the loading and top lip look the same), I checked the diagram, but I cannot see what could be the culprit of this sliding item.

Anyone has any idea? I have three other M226 mags and they are not showing any problems.

Thx
Leo

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

View Postlpesce, on Jul 14 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

I am not sure how, but one of my M226 magazines has something sliding inside the gas tank.

Assuming that the M9 PTP magazine has the same internals (as the loading and top lip look the same), I checked the diagram, but I cannot see what could be the culprit of this sliding item.

Anyone has any idea? I have three other M226 mags and they are not showing any problems.

Thx
Leo

I'm guessing that it could be metal shavings.  These mags are milled from solid piece of metal.  If your not loosing gas then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

#3 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

View PostRadix, on Jul 16 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

I'm guessing that it could be metal shavings.  These mags are milled from solid piece of metal.  If your not loosing gas then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I had the same problem.  I took the Mag apart and found out that it was the 1.5" tube. It could go loose. I just stuck it back in there and its okay now. Looks like its gonna stay there unless i drop the mag again! lol!  No leaks on my mag even after I took it apart.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

Very often I've seen modder remove the tube.  I never get a chance to ask why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users