• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Went to shoot my last 10 or so mags of BB's from my ATP yesterday. Shot 1 mag through it, looked at the outer barrel and its sticking out at the very back. I'm sincerely angry with KWA. I have only shot 3000 rounds through this gun, and it's completely inoperable. Never dropped it, I clean it EVERY TIME I shoot, and I lay it on a pillow in my gun case. Yet after all of the care I put into it, it fails after just 2 months. I call KWA and they help absolutely none and say I'm going to have to pay for it. I'm out of warranty and I understand that. BUT, when my gun fails because of a KNOWN PROBLEM and I have to PAY FOR IT? I look on the Pro Shop to see what one costs and there not even on there. First and Last KWA purchase? I think so.

#2 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

I apologize you have a bad experience with the ATP and we've failed your expectation.

Can you provide the following information?

Serial #
Type of gas you are using
Type of BB you are using
What's the ambient temperature when the barrel broke and also the average temperature in your area for the last 7 days.  (very important)  

Anything else you can think of to help us determine how the barrel broke.

And just for the record we are not hiding any issues with the ATP.  We had a rough launch in Sep/Oct and we have been actively addressing every single issues from slide getting stuck to gas venting, hammer don't reset to etc... We have sold over 5000 piece of ATP to date the failure rate are still below 3%.  Broken barrel however, is a rare occurrence.  In any case, it's my job to find out why things don't work and I'll talk to CS tomorrow and see what we can to help you out.

Best Regards,
Allen Lau
Product Manager

#3 Darth Genesis

Darth Genesis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

My outter barrel completely snapped in half. But KWA told me that since it was out of warranty there was nothing that could be done. At least you had someone asking questions about the problem. Insted of just a sorry about your luck email. Don't get me wrong. I dont expect KWA to fix it for me. But if people are having these problems. Then they should look into like Allen is doing. Not just "sorry"

Edited by Darth Genesis, 10 January 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#4 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

They have this problem if they put metal barrels in the M9, why not take the same precaution they used on all of there other NS2 models? The ATP is the one exception and it cracks. They don't take a perfectly acceptable precaution AND I HAVE TO PAY TO FIX IT? No, no, no.

#5 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostAllizard, on 09 January 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I apologize you have a bad experience with the ATP and we've failed your expectation.

Can you provide the following information?

Serial #
Type of gas you are using
Type of BB you are using
What's the ambient temperature when the barrel broke and also the average temperature in your area for the last 7 days.  (very important)  

Anything else you can think of to help us determine how the barrel broke.

And just for the record we are not hiding any issues with the ATP.  We had a rough launch in Sep/Oct and we have been actively addressing every single issues from slide getting stuck to gas venting, hammer don't reset to etc... We have sold over 5000 piece of ATP to date the failure rate are still below 3%.  Broken barrel however, is a rare occurrence.  In any case, it's my job to find out why things don't work and I'll talk to CS tomorrow and see what we can to help you out.

Best Regards,
Allen Lau
Product Manager
I personal messaged you.

#6 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Darth Genesis
This is your picture send to our help desk.

Posted Image

1. The outer barrel has been polished.  The material on the barrel is not a polishable material.
2. The top slide has been machined out.

Both things that you have done to the ATP can compromise structural integrity thus void the warranty. This is why our CS department deny your warranty.

#7 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostAllizard, on 10 January 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Darth Genesis
This is your picture send to our help desk.

Posted Image

1. The outer barrel has been polished.  The material on the barrel is not a polishable material.
2. The top slide has been machined out.

Both things that you have done can compromise structural integrity thus void the warranty. This is why our CS department deny your warranty.
My barrel broke in the EXACT same spot, if that would help at all.

#8 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Private message send to both Darth and Genesis and Chaotic Cam...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, atp, outer barrel, cracked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users