Jump to content


New Mp7 Owner.


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I bought a MP7 and enjoying it after this weekends skirmish.
I wanted to register my MP7 online and when I looked at the manual and other papers that came with it the registration was for a Umarex USA website. I bought it from evike in Aug. 2013.

I have read other postings but I wasn't sure if I have a KWA or a Umarex MP7 version?

Thanks In advance

Edited by imtan8, 08 September 2013 - 06:08 PM.


#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postimtan8, on 08 September 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I bought a MP7 and enjoying it after this weekends skirmish.
I wanted to register my MP7 online and when I looked at the manual and other papers that came with it the registration was for a Umarex USA website. I bought it from evike in Aug. 2013.

I have read other postings but I wasn't sure if I have a KWA or a Umarex MP7 version?

Thanks In advance

Hi Imtan8 - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Your gun is manufactured by KWA for Umarex.  The registration and support needs to go through Umarex and they will honor the warranty and do any repair work that my be needed during the warranty period..

Hope this helps.

#3 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thanks!

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

If your serial number looks like the photo below the gun is the Umarex (marketed) version and warranty goes thru them.  The gun is made by KWA with Umarex markings and marketing.  The KWA marked version has a 45 day warranty.  The Umarex marked version has a 365 day warranty.

-- Chuck

Posted Image

Edited by Chuck S, 09 September 2013 - 03:05 AM.


#5 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by imtan8, 09 September 2013 - 06:36 AM.


#6 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

http://imageshack.us...s/826/ip1u.jpg/

this is what I have on mine.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postimtan8, on 09 September 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

http://imageshack.us...s/826/ip1u.jpg/

this is what I have on mine.
The new MP7 distributed by Umarex do not have the standard serial number that Chuck referred to.  But as I stated before, registering with Umarex will activate your warranty.

#8 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I did register with Umarex but I think I gave the wrong serial number. the one at the silver plate at the bottom was the numbers I entered but that seem to be the same for all.
On the right side of the MP7 all mine say is Heckler & Koch and right below it GmbH. Is that my serial number?

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postimtan8, on 09 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

I did register with Umarex but I think I gave the wrong serial number. the one at the silver plate at the bottom was the numbers I entered but that seem to be the same for all.
On the right side of the MP7 all mine say is Heckler & Koch and right below it GmbH. Is that my serial number?
I whish I could provide more direction and information.  Since the MP7 is no longer distributed by KWA I do not have the information to give.  I will try to find out though.  I will tell you that Umarex has provided good customer service from those I know who have dealt with them.  And my guess is that as long as you keep your receipt that shows date of purchase you should be OK.  I'll let you know what I find out.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

So here's what I found out.  I spoke to one of the "Techs" in the repair department at Umarex.  He said that some models do not have a serial number and in order to validate the warranty you need to keep, and be able to produce, the original receipt. Other than validating that the gun was purchased within the warranty period from an authorized dealer, the only thing a serial number, or lack of one, would do is determine who is responsible for the repair, KWA or Umarex.  Yours is clearly one that Umarex would warranty.  I hope this helps you.

#11 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thank You for all your help!

#12 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postimtan8, on 09 September 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Thank You for all your help!
You're welcome.

#13 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Got in touch with KWA service to have a tightbore barrel replaced. Since my MP7 didn't have any serial number I was asked to send a few pictures. I was asked to send them a picture of the white text area on the right side of the gun behind the bolt.
The text states its a Umarex Product. If KWA is the manufacturer of my MP7 why did the KWA customer service representative say.

"This frame clearly states (even without the serial number) that this is an Umarex Product.

Currently, we only make repairs on MP7's with KWA serial numbers and markings.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Please contact Umarex's customer service department to return your gun for service."

Edited by imtan8, 10 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.


#14 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postimtan8, on 10 September 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Got in touch with KWA service to have a tightbore barrel replaced. Since my MP7 didn't have any serial number I was asked to send a few pictures. I was asked to send them a picture of the white text area on the right side of the gun behind the bolt.
The text states its a Umarex Product. If KWA is the manufacturer of my MP7 why did the KWA customer service representative say.

"This frame clearly states (even without the serial number) that this is an Umarex Product.

Currently, we only make repairs on MP7's with KWA serial numbers and markings.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Please contact Umarex's customer service department to return your gun for service."

It is an Umarex product that is in fact manufactured by KWA.  Thing is, up until recently, KWA made and distributed the MP7 for KWA and for Umarex.  Same gun, different distributor, and some cosmetic differences like the white lettering.

Because licensing and distribution rights are owned by Umarex, they make the rules regarding sale and service of the gun.  Umarex mandates that the service for the gun you own be honored and completed by them and not KWA, hence the reply.

#15 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

not sure on forum rules but could I ask on here for any recommendations other then Umarex for a barrel replacement.
in the east coast?

(I wish I have the knowledge to work on a GBB)

#16 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Postimtan8, on 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

not sure on forum rules but could I ask on here for any recommendations other then Umarex for a barrel replacement.
in the east coast?

(I wish I have the knowledge to work on a GBB)
I use an EdGI 6.03 with good results.  These days they are custom order as far as I know.  Others have posted results with other barrels.  Have a look in the MP7 forums searching upgrades and tight bores.  That should get you some answers.

#17 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

I was able to get a PDI tightbore barrel and I got in touch with Umarex. Unfortunately they do no do after market work/installation.

#18 imtan8

imtan8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Any place in the East Coast you can recommend for installing a TBB?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users