• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steezy

Steezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

I bought a KWA M9BR around '05. I was, and still am, happy with it, just there have been some problems:

Back sight fell off almost immediately.
    Front sight is incredibly loose; will move if you tilt the gun to either side.
    Right-side saftey fell off soon after purchase.
    Just recently, when stripping the gun, the slide will catch, and i have to push it back and forth fairly hard to get it off.(may just need oiling)
    Most if all, the spring that re-cocks the trigger after each pull came undone.The gun hasnt been fired since.

Here are my ideas for the problems:

Back sight and saftey: just from the force of the blowback.
Front sight: came undone from frequent use.
Slide: needs to be oiled?
Trigger spring:?

Has anyone else been having this problem? has there been a recall or anything? can it be re-attached?

Posted Image

The above picture shows the problem, but hazily. the little grey "line" is the part of the spring that is supposed to be glued down. the view is withoiut the slide, above the trigger.

any answers, please e-mail me at: mcxznbv@gmail.com

Thanks.

-Steezy Nannerpuss

Edited by Steezy, 20 November 2009 - 10:40 PM.

#2 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, pocketknives, synthesizers

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Try wrapping a little teflon tape around the base of the sights.

The slide needs to be oiled, definitely. Just use a can of silicone spray. If you can't find any, white lithium grease is okay; just make sure to use it sparingly, otherwise it'll attract a bunch of dirt and crap and jam up your guide rails.

More than likely, your trigger spring didn't come undone; it snapped. My M9 had the same issue, and I've heard similar stories from a lot of other M9 users. This spring set will work, even though it says it's for TM/HFC/KJW. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1758

#3 Steezy

Steezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

View PostMurph9935, on 22 November 2009 - 12:13 AM, said:

Try wrapping a little teflon tape around the base of the sights.

The slide needs to be oiled, definitely. Just use a can of silicone spray. If you can't find any, white lithium grease is okay; just make sure to use it sparingly, otherwise it'll attract a bunch of dirt and crap and jam up your guide rails.

More than likely, your trigger spring didn't come undone; it snapped. My M9 had the same issue, and I've heard similar stories from a lot of other M9 users. This spring set will work, even though it says it's for TM/HFC/KJW. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1758

Hey man, thank you very much. and on the spring, it looks as if it was glued/soldered, and it came loose. you can see what looks like the glue/solder(or whatever adhesive they used) where the spring was pressed down into it. the spring itself looks like its in fine shape, withought any fractures or anything. but i will look into it. but after i figure out how to get down to where the spring is withought tweezers :P

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Unfortunately, you picked up the BR just as it was being phased into the next generation M9 HW, and a year before the first PTP was introduced.

To date, the M9 BR has been long phased out of production and is a relic.  Thusly, the BR is no longer being improved.

If you need parts, we may have some, but they may not be listed on the pro shop.  The current M9 in production is the PTP.

#5 Murph9935

Murph9935

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, pocketknives, synthesizers

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostSteezy, on 22 November 2009 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hey man, thank you very much. and on the spring, it looks as if it was glued/soldered, and it came loose. you can see what looks like the glue/solder(or whatever adhesive they used) where the spring was pressed down into it. the spring itself looks like its in fine shape, withought any fractures or anything. but i will look into it. but after i figure out how to get down to where the spring is withought tweezers :P

Punch out the little pin where the trigger is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users